• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP44 No start issue

The 2 stroke or the bio helps lubricate the pump. The pump gets all of its cooling and lubrication from the fuel. You can read on this in the articles section, Mike has a lot of good info there.

Fuel pressure on the supply is all you need. What kind of a lift pump do have now?

If you have everything on in the link you posted for the Banks system, your truck is going to be completely different if you do not reconnect it. My Big Head waste gate opens at 33 or so pounds. With out the tuner doing the boost fooling the ECM will start defueling the engine around 20 psi. That means when you put the hammer down go pass someone you will loose power right when you want it. I had to learn how to pass with mine by rolling into the throttle and keeping the boost below 20 psi. It was a pain but worked. Now you might be able to connect the tuner without connecting the wire tap to the pump and get the boost fooling, I dont know. What kind of boost pressure were you seeing before?

• Owner
11 hours ago, Scuba64 said:

Does the 2-cycle oil or Bio clean the system?

Neither do. The only thing that cleans the system is a quality fuel filter. If you want to clean your injectors you have to remove them and disassemble each one and clean by hand. There is no product on the shelf that will clean the fuel system. Just for example Power Service is 400:1 ratio so that means you add 11.2 ounces of Power Service to 4,480 ounces of fuel. More or less pissin' in a pond. I know that you can pick any product take a single injector and soak it for over 24 hours 100% of any product and still have a dirty injector. tried it...

11 hours ago, Scuba64 said:

Do people place on the return fuel line as well?

No. Return pressure is not a requirement. 14-20 PSI supply pressure is the only requirement.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dripley, you shouldn't be passing and doing 90 with that 80 ft. long fifth wheel.:whistle:

It is actually only 35' but it does look huge in the picture. Since my clutch install and being able to use the comp, 90 is a possibility. I dont think I want to be in the cap when the tires start flying off of it. I dont think they would like that.

Just now, dripley said:

It is actually only 35' but it does look huge in the picture. Since my clutch install and being able to use the comp, 90 is a possibility. I dont think I want to be in the cab when the tires start flying off of it. I dont think they would like that.

not sure whats going on with the replies. I tried to edit my spelling and ended up with the double post thingy.

• Like 1

VP44 install and new support bracket kit. The support bracket was broke which I did notice until install when it came apart.

It's running with good power. I did not install the Yellow electrical line for the Ottomind.

I have an issue-  high pitch tinny sound (a little like a blenders with metal in it) when I give it gas ans in gear, which wasn't there before.  Can only hear it when giving it gas. The sound is not there at idle, out of gear or cruising . So, not sure if the Ottomind isn't getting info and causing it. 

Any suggestion on the sound? 

Removed OTTOmind and plugged MAP sensor into factory plug.  Issue with sound still there. The truck still has good power and response. 

The starter did freeze "on" when I first started after the VP44 install. I had to replace the starter solenoid.  th

Not sure how to find the issue. The sound is bad enough I don't want to drive it.

• Staff

Just a shot in the dark here but, when I get that type of sound I spray oil on the idler pulley and goes away. How about the water pump? However, I once changed out my idler pulley to a new one and still had the sound like you describe then put some soap on the serpentine belt and it went away. Another time I did need a new water pump.

I've experienced these things after having my 12 valve for 19 years and my 2002 24 valve for 8 yrs. Over 400 k miles combined

Did you disconnect the Ottomind from the APPS sensor? Mine connected to it also. Beings my ears are not what they used to be I cant hear what you are describing. Almost sounds mechanical from your description. Does not show up except under load.

Maybe this you can hear it better.  I'll check the APPS.  I can hear it now slightly when I rev it in Park.  Could have I got dirt in one of the injectors and would that make this type of sound.  It's loud during acceleration.

I'm not use to Diesels so not sure what cold IAT sounds like.  I did let the engine get warm.

I'll see if I can get a friend to help so I can open the hood and let them rev it.

IMG_0073(1).3gp

20151227_162318.mp4

Removed the Banks APPS connectors and install the to factory plug to the APPS with no change.   The starter solenoid when it stayed on it was on for a minute or so before I turned off the engine.  Hard to hear that it was stuck. 

Found the issue- Me!  The vp44 nuts came loose causing it to move with power applied.   I tighten them and the noise went away.  The truck is running great.  Also, the OTTMIND added nothing; at least I don’t notice a change.

• 2 months later...
On 05.12.2015 at 5:44 PM, Spiegelmann said:

Hello again, so engine wont start if CAN bus connected to injection pump. Disconnecting CAN bus allow to start engine. Really dont know where to find problem? Is it ECM problem? With NO start conditions there is no dtc in ecm memory (

Finnaly start an Engine! the problem was in ECM Soft, had sent car to my friend at chrysler dealer shop. Just reflash ECM solved problem ! Thanks for help!