• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

An age When Bones Can't take it any longer

JAG1

• Staff

Has anyone ever experienced a day when after doing something most of your life, it suddenly becomes almost too difficult? Not muscle pain but joint pain!

Dang-it this happened to me yesterday... it's like bones just can not take the heavy stuff anymore, and came all too sudden :omg: :osh!

• Owner

I know I'm not that old (44 years old) but I had to start re-thinking how I do firewood. It was a blessing to get the utility trailer with the ramp gate. No more lifting heavy round of wood it can all be rolled into the trailer and rolled to stack it. My lower back and hips just don't do the heavy lifting any more. Really hard on me to work on little cars that are low to the ground because of my tall frame I tend to hang over at the hips to work. It's nice to be down at Lindy's shop I can at least lift a little car a foot or so up and make it easier to work on. Here at home it rather rough on me.

I used to be that way 24/7 when I was very overweight not so long ago, I could not go more than a week without seeing a chiropractor and a lot of times twice a week., fast forward 13 months and 80 lbs. lighter I now am seeing the chiro every 3 -4 weeks just for maintenance and the aches and pains are gone.

Also I have loaded up heavy on some basic supplements and the one you may want to consider for your overall health as well as joint health are 1. high quality multi vitamin 2. EPA DHA Omega 3 fatty acids and load up heavy on it like 2000 or more IU a day this is great for the joints and overall cardio vascular system and brain health and 3. last is High quality Vitamin D3 again high quality not from big box chain stores most times the cheap ones are synthetic and do you no good and can actually do you harm long term.

I invested in an inversion table a couple years ago..         I dangle from it  a couple times  a week,  sometimes  just  a couple times  a month..

We all know the tell tale signs of  the  back  getting ready to slip..    tightness  in  the lower back,  the   impending  'stingers' of  pain  getting ready to  fly!...    I'll   hang upside down for   a few minutes,   take a  couple ibuprofens,   and   good to go..   

I've warded off  the chiropractor   since then.    The  trick is  to  do the maintenance   before  it's  totally  skewed up!

i had HORRIBLE joint issues being a motocross racer, i've been on a steady diet of Glucosamine and chondroitin. it has worked wonders on me. that and Mannatech, mostly the Ambrotose.

i no longer eat ibuprofen like candy.

curious..   how long did you  wait to see  benefits   from the  Glucosamine and  chondroitin?

i had HORRIBLE joint issues being a motocross racer, i've been on a steady diet of Glucosamine and chondroitin. it has worked wonders on me. that and Mannatech, mostly the Ambrotose.

i no longer eat ibuprofen like candy.

Also known as EPA / DHA, Simply put Omega 3 fatty acids from natural fish oils.

Coconut oils have excellent health benefits as well. my wife and I cook almost everything with it, even make popcorn with it. Even helps the body process the vitamin D even better and help absorb it.

I've got a jar of coconut oil in the cabinet in the kitchen we picked up but wasn't sure what we could use it for. I guess I'll have MoparMom bail in and sub it for the normal cooking oils.

That is a big issue too as it is about the most stable of oils at high heat and doesn't break down when and cause bad stuff cooked with.

• Staff

Was surprisingly better yesterday. Not being very active for a couple weeks caught up with me. Now I'm slowly getting back to my old self AGAIN. Amazing how the body can adjust. so incredible when you think about it.

Run a search about Coconut oil.... is amazing stuff. I can see it being traded on the market someday..

I left out the most important part of feeling and being better overall.  Its what you take out of your diet that will be the lifesaver versus adding supplements and other good things on top of the crap our food market is flooded with now days.

Cut out all refined sugars, high fructose corn syrups, cut out any and everything with grain in it and cut out all the cheap processed foods and you will drop weight and feel tons better doing that alone but from my years journey it was going grain free that made the biggest difference.

Do not fall for the gluten free labeled foods either what most do is remove the wheat from it but then add tons more sugar, fats and starches "Sugar" from a lot of other forms of grain, in most cases you are better off eating the regular crappy food than the gluten free labeled food, this is why it is best to just go grain free, the human body was never meant to eat grain in any form to start with. We feed it to cattle for one reason...........to fatten them up, what happens then when we eat it?????? It makes up more than 75-80% of the foods we eat anymore which is why there is so much obesity and tons of new and rampant diseases that have gotten out of control over the last 50 years all related to grain consumption.

Dr William Davis "Wheat Belly book" and "Wheat Belly total health" books are a great reads.

Dr  David Perlmutter "Grain Brain" book is also a good read to learn more about the dangers of grain in our diets and how it affects us all and how it does so.

There is no such thing as what government agencies who tell the nutritional and medical industry what to cram down our throats which is the term "Healthy whole Grains" There are numerous time lines that prove that diabetes and obesity rates have risen since the introduction of the food pyramid program in early 80's now renamed "My plate" instead of the food pyramid, both put whole grains as the main primary source of food in our diets.

Wheat and corn are the biggest enemy of our overall health period, one has to get it out of our diets for overall health, many of the health issues are cumulative meaning they show up and develop over long periods of time, diseases like alzheimers, dimensia and many other neurological diseases and other brain related diseases are now linked to the consumption of grains. Wife and I use Coconut , black bean and Almond flours and meals now as well as using Cashew meal for some things to replace flours from grains, it is a different style and texture and takes time to get used to but there are many cook books set up for this now and more coming along all the time

The books I have mentioned and linked to in other threads here can explain things so much better than I can. Both Dr's have web sites as well. Both of these doctors realized what was happening and are trying to reeducate the masses to the fact that medical schools used to teach the cure and healing of patients and now the schools teach the "Treatment" of health issues now just go with the flow and don't think critically................again follow the money. I have a couple nieces who are Nurses and they are perfect examples of this process. They are so brain washed you can't even talk to them about things like this with them, if it doesn't come from a prescription bottle then its not going to help with anything.

For true gluten free paleo diet type cooking try the cook books from Daniel walker against all grain.http://againstallgrain.com/

This is personal for me as my mother died from complications from MS and ultimately diabetes and my sister was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and is very obese herself and my mothers side of the family all suffered from lifestyle inflicted diet related diabetes and obesity, I was going down the same road and hated the way I felt and looked and decided to fix the issue before I had health issues from this take over my life. I was born and raised on a large 7K acre farm and ranch and we raised most of our own food but having left the farm 20 years ago and seeing how modern farming practices and the development of GMO grains ect from an out side view and seeing the results of this on our societies health from the last 30 years I could see personally looking back woke me up and I started researching and reading and it has changed my life for the better.

Look at our native American state of health since we introduced grain into their diets, diabetes is rampant, look at every 3rd world country in the last 20-30 years we have so called brought out of poverty, like the inuits of Alaska and northern Canada and African and south and central American tribes that were totally healthy on their own native diets then the "developed world" introduced them to refined sugars and grains as we eat and within 6 months to a year every one of them have diabetes rates of over 50%, hard to ignore the evidence that is right up front.

Follow the money, big ag develops grain foods to keep us all sick and then big pharma whom most are one in the same companies who are developing the grains can develop medicines to "treat' never cure all the diseases they helped develop examples of this are Bayer and Syngenta among others develop grains and medicines. Because the only cure is to stay away from these poisons in the first place. Both industries are the biggest lobbyists in our government system now days too.

• Like 1

• Staff

I met a guy hoofin' so fast down the highway I thought, man this guy needs a ride. So I stopped and he got in. He says, yeah I'm just trying to ge tto my car before the repair shop closes. Says, ''Yeah I'm 85 years old''( he looked like he could be 45) He says, I know I look young but it's cause I've been a vegetarian all my life.

He he..... he was one healthy looking 85 yr. old guy too. I was amazed

Ill never understand someone who declares themselves vegetarian.

There is a multitude of reasons why i think being vegan is a very inappropriate lifestyle. Especially when they go to the extreme of calling me a thief for taking honey from my bees.

I've read and been told, people who have diets high in protein and especially animal protein show they are healthier and live longer. The consensus was eating atleast 120g of protein a day.

Wait, i guess we were not talking about protein,lol.

Edited by hex0rz
  • Like 1