• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

01 dodge speedo doa

• Owner

OK John...

Using the wiring diagram above...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?/topic/9846-01-dodge-speedo-doa/page-3#entry109062

I ohm tested my truck. Now just pulling the connector from ABS controller and probing the plug (Red/Violet & White/Violet)

With sensor hooked up ----------------------- 1,838 ohms

Without sensor hooked up and shorted ---- 0.006 ohms

Re do your test.

post-1-0-37120600-1428177111_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-45744600-1428177200_thumb.jpg

Sent you a PM.

Im not sure what the other test is ...... but basically

Remove left side ABS controller. 

Pin out the top right and bottom right pins with multimeter = 1.9k ohms ....... Im assuming the pin locations are the same for an 2000 ........

Thx for call and dumbing it down .....

I shorted the circuit at rear .... measuring 0.008 or basically 0 also

So both measurements same as yours .....

Will work on pulling the rear diff and servicing as well as the ABS and report back.

• 2 weeks later...

2 steps backward .... 1 forward

Got the abs rebuilt .... But I busted a bolt off into pump block due to rusted.

Drilled it out and started rethread .... then the tap busted and it's hardened steel... can't drill it out with bits I have.

so unless anyone has any ideas on getting busted thread tap out ..... think I'm going to have to buy a abs pump.

Most taps are made brittle enough so that you can break them up by hitting them with a punch and hammer if they break off like that, in my experience it doesn't always work out that well but could be worth a shot.

Edited by bjytech

Is there any liquid flow between the bottom of the ABS controller and the top of the pump ..... basically those studs that you see for controlling each line.

Reason is I have two good holes .... would that be enough to hold in place ... or need all four to help hold properly .... just unsure how that abs stud mechanism works exactly

• Staff

Take the pump block off and bring it in to a machine shop, let them do it. They have the experience and the tools to get it out and re due the hole threads. When you get it back reinstall and bled the brake system.

Edited by IBMobile

:duh: It don't look like you were using any tapping oil of any sort. Also it looks like you attempted to tap in a single pass. Usually tapping is a in and out process cutting a little and cleaning your tap of cuttings to prevent binding. Smaller taps tend to break rather easy.

Correct on most of this .... didn't know although tried to be careful

Take the pump block off and bring it in to a machine shop, let them do it. They have the experience and the tools to get it out and re due the hole threads. When you get it back reinstall and bled the brake system.

I can get a used pump for $100 .... think this is cheaper option ...... i had thought the same too ....