• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

01 dodge speedo doa

Hey gang been a while .... so busy lately....

Started today .... I've had ABS light for a while .... finally got around to changing both wheel hubs out a few weeks back .... no difference. Rear sensor seems clean.

today speedo stopped ......

How to track down ;)

• Owner

If the speedometer quit then your rear sensor quit.

Rear sensor seems clean.

Appearance is meaningless. What matters that the sensor can produce a proper AC sine wave that ABS computer can use also that the 3 sensors all have the same frequency. If on is different that means that one is tripping the light and needs replacing. ABS system requires all sensors to match in frequency.

I believe that the DRB tool at the dealer can look at the individual sensors.  This is recalled from other posts, as I haven't tried diagnosing this problem myself as of yet.

So I had it on a high dollar scanner - not a DRB but a full suite scanner.

No codes for ABS - only boost to high, injection pump (ppump) and TPS and grid heater.

Q) - The front two sensors on the wheels only control ABS right ? So even if there was a damaged circuit - that wouldnt impact speedo and odometer.

So basically the only fault for speedo/odometer could be the transmission sensor (auto) or the rear sensor ?

Wires and sensor both ohm ok from the rear .... literally get a reading by closing circuit on sensor ... or on sensor harness

Sensor looked fine ... no shavings ... teeth looked ok from what I could see

New sensor on order here in a couple days

Anything else to check ?

Mine have ABS light comes on and off. Speedo is good. Had it check by mechanik  drb tool and rear sensor area trouble.   We found twisted wire connection with tape and some corrotion.  I repair the wire that looks like burn and changed othing the sensor but  nothing changed!!   Maybe bad wiring all the way  .   Maybe your trouble???

• Staff

On some of the Volvos that I work on the Speedo get it's signal from the ABS control module. When the speedo goes out and the ABS light is on I open the module and solder the main power wire coming into the circuit board. You find that the solder joint is bad from the hot/cold cycling.