• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Teardown and Rebuild

On 10/30/2017 at 10:44 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm at 54k miles in one year just running back and forth taking care of @MoparMom dialysis treatments. Started at 362 miles a trip every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Now I'm down to 250 miles per trip same days. So tomorrow I've got to hop in the saddle and do it again. Heck in another 40k miles I'll have 100k miles on my NV4500 transmission and also proven than Mobil 50 trans fluid doesn't do any harm either. 

Just keep truckin' :burnout2:

I’m not sure if you’ve said it before or been asked yet but why don’t buy a beater 4 cylinder Japanese car or something exclusively for commuting her to dialysis? I mean for real it would pay for itself in fuel savings within a couple of months. I travel all over the country for work and I leave my truck parked in my shop. Much more economical and no need to put miles on a pickup not towing anything imho.....

• Owner
On 1/7/2018 at 12:54 PM, crf450ish said:

why don’t buy a beater 4 cylinder Japanese car or something exclusively for commuting her to dialysis?

They won't hold up to the winter snow conditions and unplowed roads safely not to mention one deer or elk could possibly kill us both. My last trip home the snow plows were having troubles keeping up being 3 of them were trapped on the wrong side of a vehicle accident and the one lone plow was working double time so I was driving through foot deep snow to get home. Little car could never do that safely. Not to mention look at the fact in 4 month later I'm going to be 100k miles of going back and forth I've got way better longevity with the Cummins, way less down time, don't have another vehicle to ensure, register and put tags on, plus we don't have the funds to buy another car now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Little update. Found a boot starting to tear.

I had to swap back to a stock intake horn to get the hood to fit without "Hammer Modification"

The truck is now sitting at the body shop getting all of the hail damage and damage from being stolen fixed. This includes a new hood - thus the reason for the stock intake horn. 

IMG_20180210_101436976.jpg.54cf6bbe45d441a187890662b3290ded.jpg

IMG_20180207_213928250.jpg.c01c0f2f7b017c03763d31e838a2f86a.jpg

IMG_20180209_203016843.jpg.b41ebb7dcbf47d6642d5b8c089dc2a0f.jpg

IMG_20180207_213954946.jpg.edf3433901de83a0dec8969f3dbfbbc7.jpg

On 2/17/2018 at 8:34 AM, Red Rambler said:

Dang, didn’t know it was stolen. That’s a bummer. Glad it was repairable. What intake horn were you running, wasn’t it an S&B? 

Yeah, it sucked. Luckily there was only minor cosmetic damage and was found by the police 2 weeks later. 

I was running an S&B. I do know they don't do anything for gains, but it sure looked pretty!

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

Yeah, it sucked. Luckily there was only minor cosmetic damage and was found by the police 2 weeks later. 

I was running an S&B. I do know they don't do anything for gains, but it sure looked pretty!

Glad it’s back in safe hands now. Some people! So the s&b was hitting the hood? It has crossed my mind to run one purely for looks. 

15 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

So would a 12 valve intake be required to run the 12 valve pusher Horn? I assume you suggested this as aesthetically it looks really good. 

Not at all. A buddy has one on his ppump 24v so I know it works. Been pushing it at Tyler for some time but he no listen. 

31 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

Not at all. A buddy has one on his ppump 24v so I know it works. Been pushing it at Tyler for some time but he no listen. 

Blasphemy! The last time I asked you said IDK. Hopefully they're getting the new hood on with the stocker in place haha.

Just now, jlbayes said:

HAAAAA.

Someone asked about a horn before. Thought it was you. Maybe not who I told the 12v horn to. Oops. :cheerleader:

I'm assuming you're talking about Wade? I thought he had a 24V pusher... or XDP or something.