• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Some Good Mileage

Here's a pic of my current tank of fuel.  I'm loving it!!! :2cents:  :thumb1:  And that's 491 miles on the trip meter............not 441!!!

post-7-0-23061500-1431997339_thumb.jpg

I got a tank average of 21.6mpg (hand calculated) on my last tank of fuel.

Edited by dorkweed

that's awesome. last weekend my wife made me take her to Gallup NM for Blakes burgers. form Flagstaff. headed east i was getting 22 mpg, how ever heading west i got 16. was a good trip,

maybe the summer grade fuel helping you....

A few years ago my wife and I did a road trip with the 05 cummins to Phoenix and back up along the Colo river to north side if Grand canyon and back, 4500 miles total and overall trip average was 19.8, Had several tanks 20.5 - 21 with smarty Jr on level 3 whole trip with ranch hand bumper as it sits in pics now.

Had I not let my wife drive I know I could have easily broke 20+ for overall trip average but she has a really heavy foot and not uncommon for me to look overt and see 85-90 many times during her stints behind the wheel.

A few years ago my wife and I did a road trip with the 05 cummins to Phoenix and back up along the Colo river to north side if Grand canyon and back, 4500 miles total and overall trip average was 19.8, Had several tanks 20.5 - 21 with smarty Jr on level 3 whole trip with ranch hand bumper as it sits in pics now.

Had I not let my wife drive I know I could have easily broke 20+ for overall trip average but she has a really heavy foot and not uncommon for me to look overt and see 85-90 many times during her stints behind the wheel.

TAKE THE WHEEL,BILL!!!!!  :wow:

Edited by organicfarmer

• Staff

Time to set the Smarty to HALF POWER... :ashamed:

I bet the mileage would fall off like a brick off a cliff.

Half power means that the engine is operating in all the wrong zones cruising, or just plain driving.

CR's are great you can, potentially, tune a 600hp motor to get better mileage than a 300hp one.

• Like 2