• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff

I've been using these for the past 11years. They work all right  but the right side is a pain to adjust if no one is in the passenger seat to help. I know there are better out there and I've seen 03 power tow mirrors modified to fit 2ed gens.    http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/cipa-slip-on-tow-mirrors-2009-12-dodge-ram-1500-2500/74638

I had manual kool vue on my 98 and they were pretty good with not much shake. Put kool vue power and heated on my 2005 and they shook like crazy. I went with mopar on this 95 and other than loosing power, they are great. Little to no shake down and not to bad folded up. Got them off eBay from a dodge dealer in Texas.

Edited by 98whitelightnin

I replaced my with the fold out/extended style.  I got them from rock auto, I think I paid $112 for each side.  Mine are heated and powered and have had no issues with them.  I am not sure how these were never standard issue on the dullys.

• Owner

I'm towing either my 31' foot Jayco Eagle RV or my BigTex 70TV. Yesterday I broke my passenger side mirror again trying to re-adjust the clips-on I got. So I took the driver side and move to the passenger side. The passenger side is my limited viewing side so it works out fine. Matter of fact just rolled in the door just minutes ago.

On my 2001 I have factory tow mirrors, but they are not power or heated. My truck came with regular power mirrors. Are there any good tow replacements that will work with the factory power?

Edited by Utah Dually
  • Like 1

I ran the Cipa IIRC slip on mirrors on my 02 and hated them, they vibrated and shook too bad I took them off and never used them again and wound up giving them away. On my 05 I installed the Kool Vue power heated mirrors and love the wide angle mirror in them. I use this a lot while towing but never use them in the flipped up position, I think they look like crap that way plus I do not like the view through them that way so I just use the wide angle in the flipped down position, I do not know how guys can Daily drive with these things flipped up in the tow position all the time. Its hard to get them adjusted for normal driving to me anyhow.

On my 2001 I have factory tow mirrors, but they are not power or heated. My truck came with regular power mirrors. Are there any good tow replacements that will work with the factory power?

My truck didn't come with tow mirrors.  The original mirrors were power and heated.  I bought factory tow mirrors from Rock Auto and they are powered and heated.  Rock Auto also offers tow mirrors that are not powered.  A lot of people have complained about tow mirrors shaking so much they are unusable, I have not had that problem with mine.

If you have the factory joystick, then any of the aftermarket power tow mirrors will be powered.

I do have the factory joy stick, however the guy I got the truck from had Dodge put tow mirrors on, and they weren't powered. I call Dodge and they didn't have a powered application... I guess I will look at aftermarket mirrors. Thanks...

I do have the factory joy stick, however the guy I got the truck from had Dodge put tow mirrors on, and they weren't powered. I call Dodge and they didn't have a powered application... I guess I will look at aftermarket mirrors. Thanks...

I have ''95% new'' power/heated tow mirrors that i bought from LMC Truck. I have since sold my 98 ram but i kept the mirrors. used for maybe 2000 miles. excellent cont. they are for sale..... $250. i pay shipping.

• Owner

Funny... I was over on the RV site I moderate and people are so worried about seeing behind the trailer they are installing WiFi camera on the back of the RV. Like I mention on that thread is if you could see some one tailgating your RV what can you do about it? Nothing. So having a good set of mirrors and being able to see along side the trailer is a good thing.