• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How can I Lower My Egt's

Was given a quote for a local shop to do the gears and it was pretty steep cuz I have to change the rear case, was hoping if I went to 4.56 I wouldn’t have to change case and save some cash. Well 4.56 and higher I have to break the case so I’ll going to just bite the bullet and do the 4.88ss

I recently just met with a Diesel tech here in Henderson and he told me almost the complete opposite of what you guys have said. So idk if he’s nuts or what. He told me my EGT problem is a turbo problem. With 125HP Injectors I should be running a 369 or even a single s400. Says my 364 isn’t creating nearly the airflow I need lol

• Staff
46 minutes ago, KBecker443 said:

I recently just met with a Diesel tech here in Henderson and he told me almost the complete opposite of what you guys have said. So idk if he’s nuts or what. He told me my EGT problem is a turbo problem. With 125HP Injectors I should be running a 369 or even a single s400. Says my 364 isn’t creating nearly the airflow I need lol

Is your EGT issue at cruise or WOT?

If it's at cruise going to a larger turbo will make your cruise EGT issue worse. If its at WOT then a larger turbo will lower your EGTs, to a point. 

Everything I have gathered from this thread is that it's a cruise EGT issue. Your airflow is too low, but a larger turbo will make it worse based on the rpms you cruise at. 

• Like 2

"125" hp injectors are not nearly enough for a 400 series turbo on a vp44 truck.  there is NEVER a reason to run a s400 single on a vp44 street driven truck.

Please keep in mind that I ran "225 hp" injectors on a 60 mm inducer turbo and it ran GREAT, with videos and datalogs to prove it.  you have a bigger turbo and smaller injectors, your injectors are not too big, they are really too small to maximize the airflow of the turbo.  

You are slinging 37" tires with 3.55 gears, thats your EGT issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Me78569 any issue pulling or daily street driving? I’m regearing the truck for sure just questioning if I should upgrade to 225s or not. Sorry I’m kinda chasing my tail here and you guys seem to have much more experience and expertise with these trucks thank I do. I’m really learning along the way. 

Datalog from that 

0-60towing7x012.PNG

Datalogging a lug down test while towing

towinglug7x012.PNG

datalog from that video

0-60 7x12.PNG

No issues.  Truck ran great, towed great, didn't smoke, and got great MPG

However you need to regear before doing anything.

Edited by Me78569

On 4/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, KBecker443 said:

If you don’t mind me asking what else did you have done to the truck? Upgraded intercooler or anything of that sort?

Upgraded intercoolers are a huge waste on 2nd gens. The stock cooler is one thing the Diamler-Benz group got right on these trucks.

• Like 1