• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cross over tube o-rings

So I'm going to replace X-over tube o-rings and I have conflicting info, Book says torque injectors install tubes torque injector lines, I have read on this forum leave injectors loose (snug but not torqued), install tubes, torque lines, then torque injectors? Is one method better than the other? I understand reasoning, to help center tube on injector. Is the book overly confident that one could put the injector in the proper position the first time? I want to hear from people that have done it. Thanks

If you haven't loosened the injectors I wouldn't worry about loosening them to install the tubes. They should already be centered.

When I do mine: Install injectors (leave hold down loose) install tubes, install injection lines and torque, then loosen lines and torque injector hold down. Re tighten lines and you're good to go.

If you don't loosen the lines before torqing the hold down the injector could sit a tad crooked in the bore and not seal on the bottom surface.

• Like 1

follow procedures as stated above 

the hold down caps are slotted so it self aligned injector with crossover tube UNLESS you are totally 180 degrees off, and you would really have to have your head in your___ to do that

All the parts finally got here, doing it this weekend. I'll post when I get done. I did get injector o-rings just in case, I'm going to pull valve cover just to look and set (check) valves while I'm there.

So its been 4 days since o-ring and tube replacement, took 4 hrs to do everything. Truck has started every time on about 1 rotation, which is normal operations, and I don't see or smell fuel anymore. So I conclude success!

Thanks for all your input.

• Like 1

Mike,

Can you verify the process for reinstalling the cross over tubes?  I want to edit the article to reflect that as there is nothing specific in regards to that.  

Is it install injectors, install cross over, tighten cross over, tighten injector hold down?

Mike,

Can you verify the process for reinstalling the cross over tubes? I want to edit the article to reflect that as there is nothing specific in regards to that.

Is it install injectors, install cross over, tighten cross over, tighten injector hold down?

Make sure you also loosen the blue lock bars on the injector lines, this way they will match up.

But I snug the lines tighten the injectors, then go back and retighten the lines on the cross over tubes.

• Like 1