• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Low fuel pressure as soon as I leave SoCal

Ok fellas... so every road trip I have made lately I get low fuel pressure at high elevation.... here at home in LA I get 15 - 16psi ... i went up to the Rockies in Colorado... the whole time I was running 10- 12 psi...drove east towards iowa.... pressure started getting better...continued south gets better. When I get back to so. California I'm back up to 15psi... please rule out fuel filters because I had new FASS filters on it... what you all think??

very odd. 

Where you hauling something?  IE using more throttle to pull the long passes in CO?   Was fuel pressure lower at idle in CO? 

the whole time in Silverton area )south colorado  i wasnt much more than 12psi at idle  ...    fuel pressure picked up alittle once i got into iowa on I-80..  fuel pressure wasnt 100% normal til a day or two after i was home...   when i hit cali on I-10 i was back up to 13psi atleast..   i doubt fuel quality is an issue because i carried atleast 130 gallons of double filtered fuel.  

Edited by freedomisntfree

• Owner

Temperature is possible as fuel cools the pressure for electric pump typically goes down. Like start of the morning 48-55*F I show about 1 PSI lower typically. Now on my trip home from work after sitting in 105*-110*F temps the fuel pressure is about 1 PSI higher. As for altitude there is no effect on my ISSPro EV2 that I've seen.

Well I want to plug in a different gauge to rule out bad readings... maybe I can T off and install a another gauge ... i do t want to remove the one in the cab unless I have to.

Moparman... i agree with the lower temp lower pressure ... and I took that in consideration but the difference is way too much. Also the pressures were not much different while I was in Oklahoma City area 95deg. .. i will keep this thread updated. I will do another run soon... thnx for your input guys.