• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

replaced blower resistor ... now I don't have speed #1

Well guys. Was really really really happy when I replaced my blower motor resistor. A/C is back .... but now seems like speed 1 moved over to speed 2 position. Speed 2 went to 3 position and 3 on 4 position. On speed 1 it slowly stops blowing. And speed 4 seems alot like speed 3. Doesn't blow as fast. The resistor I used was Mopar resistor. Any thoughts??

Your fan prob needs to be replaced causing too much resistance on lvl 1 and causing the fan to stop running as lvl1 won't allow enough power to overcome the bad bearing in the fan.

I wouldn't replace a blower resistor without replacing the fan as it is almost always the fan that causes the issue to start with.

You certainly need to drop the blower & check it.  Only 3 screws to hold the blower up, over the passenger's foot well.  Mice can get into the duct through the cowel drains & plug up the works.  The resistors stick up into the duct work where the air flow will cool them...  close to the blower opening.  While you have the blower down, check for nest debris. 

The cowel drains are located behind the hood hinges...  I use some SS pot scrubber  (SS Steel wool) pushed up behind the hinges & no more mice in the blower/duct.   The water still drains from the cowel area just fine.     

• Like 1

Definitely gonna drop the blower ... seems easy enough. Thnx guys for the info... gonna stop using the AC til I drop the blower. Don't want to burn up my new resistor. Question..... any suggestions on where to get a good blower. Mopar style on ebay is $130. Other brands are $50.

• Owner

Definitely gonna drop the blower ... seems easy enough. Thnx guys for the info... gonna stop using the AC til I drop the blower. Don't want to burn up my new resistor. Question..... any suggestions on where to get a good blower. Mopar style on ebay is $130. Other brands are $50.

I bought NAPA blower motor for like $50 bucks.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Blower-Motor-AC-Heater/_/R-BK_6551871_0456282604

Just remember that the blower motor does NOT come with a plug you'll have to cut you existing plug from the old blower.

• Like 1

Well guys... i replaced my blower motor as suggested and now seems to run fine. Purchased one from Napa $56. 1 yr warranty. Got all the speeds back 1-4... i compared the spinning resistance on both motors and.... yep, the old one drags alot, new one spins freely ... much appreciated guys... i can't stress enough, nothing is free in this world. If u have benefited from the information on this forum, plz donate become a premium member.. it is not required I'm sure.... but I bet it takes money and time to keep this site up and running. Thnx fellas

• Like 4

Well guys... i replaced my blower motor as suggested and now seems to run fine. Purchased one from Napa $56. 1 yr warranty. Got all the speeds back 1-4... i compared the spinning resistance on both motors and.... yep, the old one drags alot, new one spins freely ... much appreciated guys... i can't stress enough, nothing is free in this world. If u have benefited from the information on this forum, plz donate become a premium member.. it is not required I'm sure.... but I bet it takes money and time to keep this site up and running. Thnx fellas

Well said and very true. The more Mike has advanced the site the more it cost.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2