• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

19 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

It is. if you take it out of P it will disengage high idle.

Ok, I wasn't sure if it was the brake switch or the "signal P/N" switch interrupting the high idle when you take it out of park. 

1 hour ago, isaac hall said:

I do have an OBD reader it can only take snapshots of the engine, and it reads conditions that should trip the high idle. I did think about the clutch switch and simply grounded it, re-calibrated  the apps again, no difference. The truck seems to run fine with out doing anything to the ecm although that does not mean I am missing something.

I havent heard about the Signal P/N what needs to be done to accomplish this?

If the P/N signal is referring to the park neutral signal being sent to the ecm I believe grounding out the transmission is sending the signal of park to the ecm (I disconnected it from the clutch safety switch and grounded it) and the 6cyl still did not function. I have read that there are different apps for auto and manual would this have any impact?

I'm not sure if the apps on an auto or manual are different but I believe the ecm just needs to an "idle" signal from the apps so it shouldn't matter. 

So I finally got the dealership to enable my high idle. I've been using it the past few morning start ups and I seem to be maxing out around 400 for EGT, does that sound about right? I could've sworn I've read some guys have been able to get temps nearing the 900 range, but I also imagine there trucks are configured differently then mine.

I actually don't have enough wire to build you anything haha.  I actually had less than a foot left over from the first order. but if you want you can build your own using the male and female. 

Just run the wires pin 1 to pin 1 on male to female, pin 2 to pin 2 etc etc etc etc.

Parts you need are here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Circuit-Connector-2-Complete-Molex-Wire-Conn-with-Pins-Molex-Mini-Fit-Jr-/221887898821?hash=item33a98ca4c5:g:U9IAAOSwqu9U0n5M

Edited by Me78569

haha doubt you wanna buy it, it comes in rolls of 500' 

it is just 18 gauge 6 strand with a ground wire, so 7 wire total. 

Cat5e should work fine, provided it stays inside the cab, and not exposed to oil and so forth.

Great looking install by the way!!  Pretty cool to see it up there.  

Edited by Me78569

Then I guess those connectors and the wire I have should work. I didn't want to risk funky signals or anything, since the switch works with resistance.

Thanks. I was really stoked when I got the switch and saw that it would fit!

Finally got the write-up posted on CF.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-non-powertrain/1841457-new-high-idle-switch-available.html#post21191873

Let me know if I should change anything or add anything. I do have pictures of my ScanGauge showing the IAT and ECT reading as designed, but I figured the post was getting long. I can throw em up if somebody asks.

Nick, I think your videos are the way to go over typing everything out and getting the stupid pictures to all match up!

• Like 1