• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

• Owner
8 hours ago, Jonny said:

Awesome,thank you very much.the reason i ask is that the truck had level 3 programmed and the smarty got ripped off..so thats where she be stuck at ha ha.thanks again for the fast response.i will order wed.

Might got over to SmartyResource.com and ask about getting a new Smarty and having it unlocked. Ask for Brian over there.

Quick question.    I have the edge juice.   When I use the mpg mode on the switch in the winter can I also use my edge tuner in conjunction with mpg mode.   I know the edge box alters the timing and so does the fooler in mpg mode.   Will I be losing out on mileage running them both. 

Edited by jimmy97458

• Owner

No problem I ran the Edge Comp against the MPG mode for several years. What it will do is fool the IAT to a summer like temperature. The ECM and Edge Tuner will adjust timing as usual for those summer temps. This will be more RETARDED than typical winter timing. Cold air tend to promote some very advanced timing which is counter productive for MPG's. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No problem I ran the Edge Comp against the MPG mode for several years. What it will do is fool the IAT to a summer like temperature. The ECM and Edge Tuner will adjust timing as usual for those summer temps. This will be more RETARDED than typical winter timing. Cold air tend to promote some very advanced timing which is counter productive for MPG's. 

Awesome. Thanks

18 hours ago, Jonny said:

Awesome,thank you very much.the reason i ask is that the truck had level 3 programmed and the smarty got ripped off..so thats where she be stuck at ha ha.thanks again for the fast response.i will order wed.

Jonny,

I just had the same issue.  I sent Bob an email and he sent me a smarty to restore the stock program and I sent it back. Boy I sure do miss the throttle response of the smarty!

Bob is GREAT to work with!

• 2 weeks later...