• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

found a chip in my truck

I think that the reason for not stacking timing is erratic results.  The electrical timing is LIMITED to the timing range of the VP44.  You can not exceed the full advance timing, no matter what you do.  All the electrical tuners or chips reprogram or fool the truck's ECM and VP44 electronics. 

This is different from mechanical Injection Pumps like VEP7100.          

• Owner

I think that the reason for not stacking timing is erratic results.  The electrical timing is LIMITED to the timing range of the VP44.  You can not exceed the full advance timing, no matter what you do.  All the electrical tuners or chips reprogram or fool the truck's ECM and VP44 electronics. 

This is different from mechanical Injection Pumps like VEP7100.          

As a tech from Quadzilla told me years ago the VP44 can reach full advancement in timing in stock form. So what the timing box/programmers do is change hen it reaches full advancement.

P7100 is the only pump without dynamic timing at all. It a fixed timed pump and will will never change over the span of RPM.

VE has old school hydraulic timing based on fuel pressure and KSB valve tied to the IAT sensor.

• Like 1