• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

0122 followed by 1693 once APPS is replaced

Hello everyone. I'm on my third APPS in less than a year in my 2000 2500. Once replaced, code 0122 is gone, but I then get 1693. The APPS have lasted anywhere from three months, to three days, to even six hours. Then, the surging at around 50-55mph(after OD kicks in, if I'm not gettin on it)starts again. It will even do it with no code 0122 or check engine light. I have zero experience in how ECM and PCM codes work. If the 1693 isn't cleared after replacement, will it still think there is a problem, and could that be causing this screwy, vicious circle? 

I agree Me on getting codes. You got find the problem before buying expensive electronics. I have a similar issue on mine right now. My truck was surging, mainly only noticed it at idle, but surging anywhere from 1% to 8% and setting a 122 or 123, I forget now. I was convinced that it was the TPS, but not sure. So I ordered a TPS off of Ebay for $16. Installed and low and behold no surging no codes. So I went ahead and ordered a new Timbo apps to replace my old one. Installed it and the engine starting surging within a couple minutes. So I reinstalled the el cheapo from Ebay(from china by the way) and no surging but it did soon set the cel, 222 code, and every so often surges just a little, almost un noticeable. i believe my problem is in the wiring harness. My point is that I have a  problem and am not sure what it is, but I am not buying anything else until I know. When it comes to chasing electrical problems I would rather replace my dash and HVAC box than chase electrical gremlins.

And welcome to the site.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

Aint that a hoot. I guess the only NorCal you will see with me would mean North Carolina. It seems to me that most of the items I pick up at whatever store has something in it that the state a cali has determined can cause me to get cancer. Guess I will just shrivel up and die. Might do it there just so they have to bury me. I take that back, they would probably bury me in Nancy Pelosi's yard.

Thanks man,  glad to be here. That's what I'm trying to avoid, but, unfortunately, it's illegal in the Banana Republic of California for any business to scan vehicles for free. Will a dealer do it for a fee?

Man California is becoming bigger and bigger shithole every time I hear something about it, I hope rest of US does not follow it. 

• Owner

I tend to agree. I would get a cheap code reader and at least check for code. Normally all codes are held for 40 warm up cycles. If the code is not trigger again after the 40 warm up cycles then it auto erased. A warm up cycle is start from a coolant temp below 140*F and rising over 165*F. That is one warm up cycle. So if you do several start and stop events in one day you would have to let it cool completely down to below 140*F to get a second warm up cycle.

• Staff

Need to stay with this forum. It can help save you money by teaching you loads of stuff about your truck....... avoiding the money grabbers. That is the first law around here that we all try saving you grief and expense with your truck.

Good grounds, good clean connections everywhere helps stop those wild haired confusing mysteries about your truck. It's amazing how many places will sell what is called a' good alternator' when in actuality it shoots out too much AC voltage, only to find out later it shortened the life of your expensive electronics.

Seth, look up Timbo apps. and check the ac volts coming from the alternator.The alternator does not have a separate ground so it grounds thru the mounting bracket (painted) causing sometimes a poor path for the batteries to absorb the AC noise.

Edited by JAG1