• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Muffler options.

Just ordered a 5x30 SS resonator RM5530SS from FTE with 4 clamps (need extras)and shipping  $192, cheaper then anywhere else I found, didn't look that hard though. Since it's a 5" pipe and the magic is inside of it, I think I can fit it in just pass the transmission on the end of it and before the mufler that I got, which measures 9x23. Watched a lot of YouTube videos of the same resonator with everyone happy, so that was my excuse for wife, anything to keep her happy. 

• Like 1

3cylinder high idle 30" fte 4" down pipe to 5" at horizontal pipe. 

Fte is 4" inlet 5" out let

Much quiter than some 4" straight through mufflers that have packing 

Muffler and resonator are one and the same knock the sound waves down as close to the source as possible 

Edited by Evan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evan said:

Muffler and resonator are one and the same knock the sound waves down as close to the source as possible

I'm leaving the mufler alone and will put this resonator as close forward as I can, we'll see what happens, can't get worse I hope. Being 5" I don't think there will be any losses in hp or egt change, at least that's what fte claims.  

11 minutes ago, dave110 said:

You probably don't need these now but here you go.

Looks similar, I think my mufler is bigger around and not as rusty. Thanks for pictures 

Yeah I thought about putting a 17" in my 4" downpipe but wasn't sure if it'll restrict flow some :shrug: so instead from reading a bunch, most had good luck putting it before the mufler and most used a 30" in that location, so I went with that. If I had more time and money I'd like to try all options and see all outcomes.

On 2/19/2020 at 3:05 PM, dripley said:

I know the short one would fit but don't know about the long one. Seems I measured it once and it would but I am working off of an old memory.

I just measured my down pipe and it under 17" of round 4" tube closer to 14, I suppose there is only 12" of auger inside so it so it's possible to cut some off and make it work. I just don't know if that would restrict the flow in that section as like mentioned here before all the hot gasses will be trying to escape just after turbo. idk I'll let you all know as soon as I get it in there. Looks like I'll be fitting it starting between transmission and transfer case and ending about 16" before mufler. Keep in mind I have short bed.

43 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I just measured my down pipe and it under 17" of round 4" tube closer to 14, I suppose there is only 12" of auger inside so it so it's possible to cut some off and make it work. I just don't know if that would restrict the flow in that section as like mentioned here before all the hot gasses will be trying to escape just after turbo. idk I'll let you all know as soon as I get it in there. Looks like I'll be fitting it starting between transmission and transfer case and ending about 16" before mufler. Keep in mind I have short bed.

I was talking about the horizontal pipe that connects to the down pipe and runs by the tranny.  Might be longer on my long bed.

• Like 1