• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ball joints

• 2 months later...

After lots of research i desided the XRF was the  way to go. Sure the Carli ones were better but i wasn't going to spend that money. 

These are guaranteed for life ( i think) and i have about 20,000 km's on them ( 12,500 miles) there was no play side to side or up or down when they were new. I thought i checked them last oil change and they had slight up and down play. But from what i hear that is normal and acceptable. ???

as for u-joints i went with NAPA greasable on one side because it came with the truck and i went with a Dana Spicer non greasable on the other. I like the Non greasable ones better but will be cool to see which one lasts longer.  

Edited by BIG-BLACK-DODGE

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2015 at 0:01 PM, dripley said:

Jag, I know what you are saying. I am still trying to find a set of tires I can get 89k to 90k miles out of.

i

I have a set of Michelin LTX2 M&S tires that are guaranteed for 80k from Discount Tires. LRE on my gen 2 truck and they have 60k on them now and they look to me like they are a bit over half worn and will go past that 80k mileage guarantee.

I have 19.5s on my gen 3 with just shy of 30k miles on them  (Hankook AH11) and the tread depth hardly shows any wear.  They will go well over 100k.  Actually I am expecting close to 200k but in reality the tires will time out before I wear them out.

On 5/1/2016 at 9:47 PM, Explosives87 said:

ME78569 did you ever cut your old spicer apart to see what failed on it. There is to many choices and I don't know which one to choice. I really wish that EMF would have build there rebuild able joints for are 2nd gens. Has anyone tried XRF joints yet?

I decided to take a chance with the XRF million mile guarantee joints and have just shy of 25k miles on them now.  Just had the alignment checked when I re-installed my 19.5s this spring and they are still nice and tight.  So far my expectations for these units are very positive.  They are greaseable and have zerk fittings on top and bottom.

52 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I finally spent some serious coin on fresh rubber too...

http://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-dynapro-at-m-rf10.html

I will admit the Black Lion's did well for winter traction but wore out rather fast... 

I belive we have a set of these on one of our work trucks, they seem to do good and holding up well. I thought about getting these buy somehow got toyos.