• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS and Brake lite stuck on

• Owner

Be aware if the ABS module is disabled then the speedometer doesn't work... Then other things like cruise control doesn't work and grid heater don't shut down at 20 MPH anymore. So truly there is no way to disable the ABS computer. I ran for a few weeks without my module and found out what all fails...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Yeah it is different. Pull the fuses on the 4 wheel ABS and the ABS light stays on and the BRAKE light goes out. Then the speedometer, cruise control and grid heater shut down doesn't work. The only way to disable 4 wheel ABS is to pull the smaller sensor lead so the module remains in permanent error. The light remain on but the module will not fuction for ABS but all speed function work fine.

• Owner
5 minutes ago, dripley said:

How much difference between the auto and manual trans? Does the auto not get the speedo signal from the trans?

All speed signals come from the ABS module.

The speed sensor on the automatic transmission is for shifting control not speedometer/odometer function. Basically the rear speed sensor is your speedometer/odometer in the rear differential.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I don't like ABS brakes. Any proper way to disable them?

I'm sure i can make a device to emulate the abs controller and disable the lights.

Edited by Chris O.
  • Like 1