• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Did injectors and valve adjustment

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Bigger the injectors the more you drop to lower sublevels to control smoke. Like my +50HP require sublevel 3 to be smoke free. Someone like TFaoro would be more like a sublevel 2 because of running larger injectors. I will use Sublevel 1 in the dead of winter to keep traction on slick roads. Keeps the turbo from lighting up and getting squirrelly.

I've been cruising around on STOCK fueling (only a timing increase)... no need for any more power when DDing. Still pulls harder than it used to with my previous turbo/injector setup.

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

lag, whats that? :shifty:

:lol:  No lag is awesome!

56 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I am really trying to find someone to let me do a twin VGT setup hahaha :USflag: If I only had a triple disc and billet input, and a spare truck that I could rip the axles out of.

he351ve  and a he551ve   Buckle up spanky............:fsb:

You buy the parts and I'm down :stirthepot:  Let's see how much this trans can hold!

Tom... Was I right about this forum!? :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Tom,

The wiretap difference is HUGE.  The quadzilla can produce nearly %100 more power than stock due to it.  If you double the length of time the solenoid is help open you will inject ~2x the fuel.  

In what way tho? Does it change the numbers on the edge chart? 

Main Level Horse Power / Timing
1 40
2 60
3 80
4 100
5 120

Are the hp above numbers for an untapper pump or tapped?

Sub Level Fuel Rate / Timing
1 33% of Fuel is supplied until 20 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied
2 50% of Fuel is supplied until 15 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied
3 67% of Fuel is supplied until 10 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied
4 adds less fuel than Sub-level 5
5 adds the most fuel at low boost

Same question for this chart....

23 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Tom... Was I right about this forum!? :) 

mmhmm ;-)

Edited by dodgedieselnewbie

the chart is for wiretap.  Your edge not wiretapped cannot put out more than 65 hp over stock or lvl 2.  Anything over lvl2 is no different if your wiretap is not plugged in. 

for main level adjustments not sub level

lvl1 = timing only

lvl2 = timing +canbus fueling

lvl3 - lvl 5 = timing + canbus fueling + increasing wiretap fueling

( VERY ROUGH numbers as an example)

lvl 3 give you a max of %33 more fuel compared to stock, so canbus message fueling override + %15 wiretap ms increase,

lvl 4 gives you a max of %50 more fuel compared to stock, so canbus message fueling override + %30 wiretap ms increase,

lvl 5 gives you a max of %75 more fuel compared to stock, so canbus message fueling override + %50 wiretap ms increase,

Keep in mind the tuning is VERY dynamic so there is no set MS set for the solenoid to be open. The is altered by a vast number of different sensor inputs.  again the above is just rough numbers as I have no idea what edge actually does for MS increase.  

the sublevel just changes how much the tuner fuels before 10 psi of boost.  The lower the sublevel the less fuel is injected before 10 psi is reached.  So take all of the above then just move the point where it happens below or above 10psi 

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Without wire tap it limited to 60 HP period. With wire 120 HP on the Edge. With Quadzilla its up to 180 HP.

Don't forget about the TST...... one of the most uncontrollable, hardest fueling boxes on the market!

• Owner
1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

Come drive mine above level 5 and let me know if you can keep the exhaust below 1600 and the surging from ripping the drivetrain apart.....

I'll bring my truck and toolbox. Yank those twins off, yank those big injectors out and put some smaller ones in. Pull the double stack programmer and TST off. Run just one. It'll drive just fine and very controllable. :whistle:

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

Come drive mine above level 5 and let me know if you can keep the exhaust below 1600 and the surging from ripping the drivetrain apart.....

Makes sense. I've never had it above 5 and it gets kinda... dark behind me at that point.  Below that though, silky smooth power compared to Edge.

Edited by CSM