• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Raptor 150 lift pump cummins 2000

You can do it either way it does not make much difference. You either have to bump the starter or run the engine tho see pressure for setting purposes. I left mine running since the pressure might vary a little from a non running engine

• Staff
27 minutes ago, dripley said:

I use the Ripley quad. Adjust screw, climb out from under truck and look at gauge.Climb back under and adjust as necessary. :whistle:

bump head many times :doh:...... I do the same thing :gages:

I knew I left out an important step. I thought about using the Mike quad. Case of beer, a buddy who will drop the tank in his own lap, then heat up a ball joint until it explodes almost taking out said buudy's left &%$. Oh my!!!:ahhh:

I like my comp, the adjustability is nicer than I thought it would be. but I have not tried a quad to compare it. I had a Banks Ottomind for many years that was nice. A little less power at 75 hp but it worked well. I would not mind trying some others but that would get a little pricey. I guess they all have their pros and cons.

I have made one 475 mile trip towing with the comp. Had it set on 2X3 and it pulled great. Plenty of power on short, 1/4 mile or so, 6 or 7% grades. Cruised easily on the flat stretches. EGT's  never exceeded 1200* to 1250*. And I netted 11.2 mpg. The trailer is a 35' 5th wheel, 12'-8" tall at 15k #'s.

I like the digital gauges, it is easy to spot a sensor failing.  Like my oil pressure sensor, it was stuck reading 99psi, no cel or code stored, but the quad showed me plain as day that the sensor was reading incorrect.

Same thing thing happened when my map sensor failed.  I had a code but no need to troubleshoot as the quad showed me plain as day the map was stuck reading 42psi.

Really it's about preference. The quad without a doubt gives you more power and more tuning.  I am not sure what the cost of an edge is these days but the quad is pretty reasonable.

Edited by Me78569

I use it all the time.  What do you want to know?

I could say it is the best thing since sliced bread, but really when it comes down to it our vp44 trucks are old in terms of technology so don't expect EFI.  Rather think of it as a way to manage how the quad responds to your driving style.

Edited by Me78569