• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

W&F Hauling stuff part 2.

Tried to add this to my original thread but is locked as an archive now so on to part 2 as the title says lol.

Last weekend got the first gooseneck load behind the 2010 Hemi, had my B2150 Kubota tractor and box scraper loaded up inside the new to me 14' PJ dump trailer.

Just for reference I have air bags and a B&W turn over gooseneck hitch in the 2010 1500 Hemi. Hemi handled the load better than I thought it would considering I bucked 30+- mph winds during the trip both ways.

IMG_7551.JPG

IMG_7552.JPG

IMG_7553.JPG

• Like 2

:doh:Too manly? NEVER ha ha. This is about the most common size dump trailer around, only difference is mine happens to be a gooseneck which actually pulls a ton easier and better than all the bumper pulls behind all the 1/2 tons out there in my area, nice thing is the load is pretty much centered over the trailer axles rather than having a lot of tongue weight like some trailers.

Every thing I own has to earn its keep, have always been that way.:thumb1:

This load actually pulled a lot easier than towing my pontoon behind it which it sees almost every week during the summer time hopefully coming soon, talking 80's next weekend.:hyper:

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 1

It has ramps just the same as a car trailer, these trailers are designed to be used as a skid loader or small tractor hauler. The ramps store underneath in the frame rails the same as they do on many car trailers. Buddy wants to try and use it to haul a small compact car but one would need to crawl out the window to get out lol.

41 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

It has ramps just the same as a car trailer, these trailers are designed to be used as a skid loader or small tractor hauler. The ramps store underneath in the frame rails the same as they do on many car trailers. Buddy wants to try and use it to haul a small compact car but one would need to crawl out the window to get out lol.

Wow, that seems like a pretty nice set up.  Are there tie down points in the trailer?

7 hours ago, Hawkez said:

Wow, that seems like a pretty nice set up.  Are there tie down points in the trailer?

Yes, D-rings built right into the side wlls inside the trailer in all 4corners.

8 hours ago, dripley said:

Looks like the load sits the truck well. No squatting rear end. Stock suspension or have you beefed it up at all?

I installed air bags shortly after buying the 1500. It squats pretty easy with coil springs in the rear even with a fairly light load. I also have 3/4" leveling spacers under the rear coils and adjustable height Bilstein front struts set one notch below the highest setting, tried high setting and it caused a vibration at certain speeds due to the excessive angle on the cv joints on the outer axles the same as the 1.5 inch leveling spacer I had in it originally. Set it down one notch and it performs flawlessly.

Edited by Wild and Free

I found it just looking through Bisman. It was about an hour SW of Jamestown. 

My original plan was to cut it up and make a man sized hot rod/ratrod. Maybe use the bed for a redneck dump trailer idea I've been pondering. However it's way cleaner than I was expecting and I don't know if I can bring myself to chop it up. I don't have much grain to haul around here though.  

• Owner
8 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Are you saying you don't have a welder or just don't have time 

I've got a bird crap welder. I need something I'm not going to fight welding that back up ad grinding for hours to straighten back out. So I'll get a professional local welder to do it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just closed a deal on another trailer today, going to get it on Sunday. Sold my 30 foot triaxle flatbed which I just did not have use for a trailer that big anymore.

Found a 2009 H & W 24 foot " 20 foot deck with a longer gentle sloping 4 foot dove tail "  low profile gooseneck car trailer with 7K axles and a small 4500 lb 12V electric winch on it.

Has been stored inside its entire life and looks like new yet.

http://www.bismanonline.com/2009_h_w_24_tandem_gooseneck_trailer/?app_track=watchListMemberCenter

o_944097cf0433dfff3231c1d9072a5327.jpg

Edited by Wild and Free