• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge comp vs Quadzilla Adrenaline

BurtNasty

I current have an Edge Comp box and o just wanted to find out what other people were running on their rigs. I'm pretty happy with the comp box but I wasn't sure if anyone else preferred another tuner. The biggest thing that I really care about it overal reliability and on the fly tuning. I know there are lots of other forums online where people debate about this but I want to see what y'alls opinions are. I could be possibly be swayed to switch.

Have never owned a edge product but so far I am extremely happy with my quad adrinaline. I can also set safe guards like engine warm up 140d egrees, egt 1200, high idle, Boost, and another one I cannot think of at this moment. 

My only complaint (it could just be I need to clean my map sensor or a bad map sensor) is not getting an accurate boost pressure.

I got iquadbt with my and have an $40 tablet from Walmart that I can monitor what's going on the the truck. 

I think that the other setting you can have is the turbo cool down setting. 

I've heard about the adrenalines having issues with surging. Have you experienced anything like that before? Also does anyone know how difficult it would be to switch from a Comp box to an Adrenaline of I did decide to switch?

Turbo timer was the one I was forgetting. You can set temp or duration.

I haven't  experienced any surging.  I think that was with the 3000 tunes. I have a 1000 series tune on mine. 

I haven't got to do any highway  driving since I got it. 

I went from a Smarty S-03 to an edge comp and overall I like the comp better. The on the fly adjustment is awesome and the top rpm range is wayyyyyyyy better. The Smarty was really nice on the bottom end so I do miss that just a little. It was kinda insane how fast it would build boost with the smarty, literally no lag. I haven't had a chance to compare fuel mileage yet. Edge is pretty great to deal with, but I also had good luck getting questions answered on the Smarty forum. One bad thing about the smarty is having to always re flash the ecm, always made me nervous. The guy at edge said the same thing, but of course he would. I have heard a lot though that edge is best for vp44 trucks and smarty is the best on common rails. Oh also, I have 75hp injectors and my truck smoked quite a bit more with the smarty. On level 9 it was like a train lol Now with the comp it doesn't smoke as much.

Just my opinions. Good luck!

I prefer the quad just because of the ability to custom tune. You can remove almost all smoke from a tune and still make it exceptionally powerful. The added benefit of gauges is also a plus for me and probably others.

I did not like the way the comp changes timing. The quad does it way smoother.

I have been able to make mine surge, but with the right tune that can be taken out. 

Edited by TFaoro

I seem to like my quad after 5 years, like TFaoro mentioned lots of options if you like to play with things, some days I wished I had edge for simplicity and reliability. Quad doesn't have the best track record going in and out of business, and seems to be more prone to problems. 

I like my quad a lot, but honestly if it aint broke dont fix it ya know?    If you are happy now then you really don't have a reason to change. 

As for installing a quad, it plugs in the same way as the edge, so not much to ad to that.

The 3000 series tunes can surge at higher RPMS with low TPS input.