• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

relocating ddrp pump

• Staff

Need to run the pump off the battery so that when the pump ever goes bad(excessive amp draw) it won't hurt the ECM. Using a relay the ECM can control the pump relay and then the pump runs off the battery when the relay kicks on.

Hoping others will chime in on this subject too.

Edited by JAG1

what I'm doing is going off the existing Deutz connection for the old carter pump which is probably going through a relay,but not sure the original wire size as the carter pump was 40 gph and my ddrrp is somewhere around 90 gph .I'll go one size up on the original wiring as I'm going 10' longer,does anybody knows the original wire size for the carter pump?

• Staff

The stock fuel transfer pump is not supplied by a relay but by the engine control module (ECM) from pins #15 and #35 by a yellow/white 18 agw wire.  The black/white 18 agw wire is the ground.  I would use a relay with the yellow/white wire for the triggering signal at terminal #86 and wire it as shown below.transfer pump.jpg 

• Like 2

On 6/3/2016 at 0:09 AM, IBMobile said:

The stock fuel transfer pump is not supplied by a relay but by the engine control module (ECM) from pins #15 and #35 by a yellow/white 18 agw wire.  The black/white 18 agw wire is the ground.  I would use a relay with the yellow/white wire for the triggering signal at terminal #86 and wire it as shown below.transfer pump.jpg 

IBM moble hope you don't mind i'm saving this pix. for future use. Thank You.

• Staff
9 hours ago, klcammie said:

IBM moble hope you don't mind i'm saving this pix. for future use. Thank You.

your-welcome3[1].gif                                           

Sharing  problems, ideas and fixes is what makes this forum so good.

6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

We reallyshould do a article section for common wiring mods like this.

We would need to have someone be the "clearing house" for the info and write the article.

Edited by IBMobile

• 2 weeks later...

Done the mod ,what a difference in pressure with the ddrp mounted in the back close to tank with 1/2" suction and 3/8" lines from ddrp pump to vp,now have 18 psi idle and drops to 15 when pedal to the floor ...all good !! Thanks again...

• Like 1