• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headlight Bulbs

It's been more than a few years since I've had to replace the bulbs...............................but "Holy Price Hike Batman"!!!!!!:2cents::wtf:

$25.99 for 2 Sylvania bulbs..................the low end ones to boot.  Mid-range was $34.99 and the "top of the line" ones were $54.99!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On August 20, 2016 at 0:14 AM, Killer223 said:

but well worth the upgrade. i replace mine every 5 years.

In all honesty;  I could never tell the difference between the "low end" and  the "high end" bulbs!!!!  And I had the truck for 12 years also!!!

Just saying, not arguing!!!!!

• Owner

The biggest thing is having good headlight cases/lens. Headlight bulbs are all the same for watts by legal standards. They might change little things here or there about the design but the wattage is typically the same. If you do find bigger wattage bulbs you take the risk of melting the headlight case being they are just plastic.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

The biggest difference i ever saw was changing out the old headlights. I just run the oe bulbs and they work fine for me. 

I was in the Home Depot at home several weeks ago and came across o whole bin full of automotive bulbs marked way down. Headlights for $2.80 each and turn signal and tailight bulbs for $1.40 a pair. Bought most of what they had that fit the truck and the wifes Saturn. Hope not to have to buy any more.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On November 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Taz said:

hey there hows it going just looking for some good headlights that will go in a 06 dodge cummins ?

Taz;  I used Sylvanias, but in all honesty, I couldn't tell the difference in brightness from their "cheap" bulbs to their "expensive" bulbs.