• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

Wow that is impressive! I was between these tires and Toyo Open Country's, I think I've settled on these!

Now the debate is 285s or 295s

295's kill the transmission faster :lol: 

• Like 1

I dunno guys..................I've never had a problem getting long life from my tires since I've been driving.  I was driving critters to market shortly after getting my DL.  You cannot race to the slaughter house with critters.............as they will not "grade" like they should if stressed on the drive!!!!

I know I've told y'all this before.................I got 125.000 miles of the OEM Michelin LTX M&S in size LT245/75 16E on my '99!!  It was a rarity that that truck didn't have a trailer in tow.   I would say the 50-60% of the miles on those tires were towing.

People do say I drive like a "grey-hair" though.

• Owner

For me out here in Central Idaho I've got to put up with this chip coating that doesn't help the life span of any tire. I don't care what the tire made out of or who manufactured the tire, it's still going to wear out much faster running on this kind of road surface. Idaho just chip coated 10 miles of road north of New Meadows, ID and now doing more chip coating south of Cambridge, ID as of today.

0611161354a.jpg0611161354.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

For me out here in Central Idaho I've got to put up with this chip coating that doesn't help the life span of any tire. I don't care what the tire made out of or who manufactured the tire, it's still going to wear out much faster running on this kind of road surface. Idaho just chip coated 10 miles of road north of New Meadows, ID and now doing more chip coating south of Cambridge, ID as of today.

0611161354a.jpg0611161354.jpg

Still that's a lot better than the "pothole" and "expansion joint" paving they do here in Illinoiz!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I average about 50+-K on most tires. Best I have ever gotten from a set of BFG AT in 285-75-16 I had siped before they went on the rig on my 95 1500 with about 25% towing and gravel miles combined was 85K when I took them off with decent amount of tread left and sold them to a buddy who ran them another 20K miles on a 1500 chevy and were still running although pretty much bald when he sold that rig.

Now my 2010 1500 sees 200+ gravel miles a week and a ton of towing so am waiting to see how long the set of Treadwright tires in 285-70-17 D rated last and hold up, 20k on them now and looking like they will make 40-50k easy so far super impressed.

Wife got 115k out of a set of Toyo 800 ultras many years back on her 95 Dodge Neon with a lot of gravel miles on them too, ran them until bald and cords showing lol, back in the day when money was pretty tight for us yet before getting out of debt and getting better job on my end.

Edited by Wild and Free