• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

57 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Capture+_2017-02-06-12-06-27.png

Okay that's kinda weird. Everyone is idlng different. 

9 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Can someone remind me on TPS Pump Min vs Pump Low Boost Scale, which one controls when wire tap starts and which one assists. I think it's been mentioned but you know. ...

Both requirements have to be met in order for wiretap to take effect. 

So say your settings are boost 15 and tps 40.

If your boost is 35 and TPS is 25 you will not get wiretap

If boost is 10 and tps is 100 you will not get wiretap.

Once both conditions are met you get wiretap. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Some thoughts about maybe raising the pop pressure on some bigger injectors says 7 x .011's ish maybe 12's and see if we can reduce the issues related to the limitations of pressure control in our injection system and limitations of mechanical injectors.

I'm listening....  In all seriousness I've been tossing around the idea of getting another pair of 7x.012s here soon so all I need is one more excuse lol.  Probably go with VCO this time though in an attempt to get a clean daily driver while also having the ability to fuel a larger setup.  My SACs were not bad but were not clean that's for damn sure.  Let me know what you're thinking, I might be able to help out with testing.

On a side note, do you think Chris could do a custom or stock HO angled injector or do you think he just buys and assembles?  Never heard much on how he operates.

Also, I did not see any loping today so no dice yet.

18 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Well don't tease us.  I don't know the result and  I would much rather listen to someone who has already spent time messing with it. 

Stalling issues happen with funky pop and tight converters. Happened to me personally and someone recently on fb.

5 hours ago, 903Dodge said:

Y'all may have already covered this in the 30+ pages. 

Does engine load have a inverse effect on timing?

What do you mean exactly?   Is there a situtaiton you saw that you need explained?

how load eddects timing depends on what your max load timing offset is set at. 

12 hours ago, Carbur8tr said:

I'm listening....  In all seriousness I've been tossing around the idea of getting another pair of 7x.012s here soon so all I need is one more excuse lol.  Probably go with VCO this time though in an attempt to get a clean daily driver while also having the ability to fuel a larger setup.  My SACs were not bad but were not clean that's for damn sure.  Let me know what you're thinking, I might be able to help out with testing.

On a side note, do you think Chris could do a custom or stock HO angled injector or do you think he just buys and assembles?  Never heard much on how he operates.

Also, I did not see any loping today so no dice yet.

Kody,

I am the farthest thing from an injector expert you will find.  I was only mulling over that idea as a way to help clean up idle smoke.  In my mind ( I might be way wrong) if you set pop pressure up by ~10-20 bar the injectors will pop at a higher pressure and thus help idle smoke.  

However that is only my very limited understanding of how the injectors work.  You should really do some research into it if you wanted to try it because I really don't know.  

@jlbayes  thoughts experience?

Sole reason I tell people NOT to touch their injectors when ppump swapping. The higher pop produces a cleaner idle. Within reason of course as nothing is going going to help my sac 6x.018s lol

Auto trucks can be accommodated but it requires messing with the stall speed (raising). Not something most would want to do as expense and down time.

Edited by jlbayes

I wish I had all the time in the world to mess with it.  I'd try a set of 7 x . 012's with bumped pop pressure and see if I could get it to idle haha.  

I find it interesting that you would have stall issues though, the ECM does a great job of trying to prevent that at idle.  if I only had time

On my 15 mile trek to work I noticed engine load was low the timing would go up and when load was high timing would drop. 

There is probably a easy explanation.  :doh:

Also I just now put the timing gauge up on my quad so this is all new to me. 

What flash are you running?  If you haven't done the most recent I would.  That helps me know what the quad is doing exactly. 

But yes what you are seeing is cruise timing kicking in.  IF you are at a steady speed and steady load above 40 mph cruise timing kick in to try and get your MPG up. if your cruise timing is set to 2* then I would expect to see timing in the 18-19* region. If you jump on the trhrottle timing willing drop, as it should, to be more performance orinated.  

@jlbayes I've read a few injector pop threads and I don't recall anyone really determining anything that was ground breaking or helpful for that matter.  I think my injectors are around 305 bar right now.  I know you're no injector builder but what's the highest pop pressure you've heard of someone running in a VP?

Still wish SACs were not as dirty as they are otherwise I might consider them again.  Just the nature of the design though that they'll be dirty.

All this said, it might be a better question for Chris or Weston, honestly haven't talked to either in a while though.

On the note of the idle, manual here so I don't see having an issue.

Also, I made a few changes to the macro I built for pulling max/min/averages and so forth.  Pretty easy to use, no graphs just data.

Quad_Data_Macro_v1.17.xlsm

Edited by Carbur8tr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Me78569 said:

found a bug in the boost defuel section effectively it would not boost defuel until 16 psi over what hte setting was for..  It has been fixed and new flashes posted to the same old place.  

Someday I'm going to convince you to do some work on the backdowns. The main one I'd like to see is EGT defueling smoother than just jumping levels. 

• Like 2

@Me78569 Two questions,

1) Pump stretch, what exactly is limiting us to 1200-2200 microseconds? Have you looked any into variable stretch?

2) When you're referring to the fueling tables what exactly are you referring to?  Is this stock fueling tables or something that you or quad/Spencer/whoever designed?  

My rough understanding is that the canbus percentage map is only for canbus fueling so ~65hp to be had there, but when it comes to the fueling tables and pump stretch I'm a bit confused after reading through a few things.