• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

Clean up idle haze due to large injectors.   Since we can control timing now we should reevalutate what can and can't be done with various setups.  End result of trying to bump pop pressure would be to try and create a better atomization of fuel.  similar to what CR trucks do with their tuning.

Back on the Quadzilla side of things.  I have a working defueling that reduces canbus fueling on a % rather than dropping levels.  Now I just need to do some testing and see how much fuel has to be pulled to prevent overboost.  

Anyone want to test and give me some data logs back?

Edited by Me78569

• Owner

If there was a way I could get to the menu easy on my phone I'd be happy to help out with logging data. Since the icon is so tiny and hard to get the menu open it not safe for me to even try in all my travels. It not safe for me even try getting menu open and exporting a data log. I sure wish this problem was fixed. 

@Carbur8tr @TFaoro @Mopar1973Man @Dieselfuture

Here ya go,give this a try.   It will pull as much canbus + wiretap as needed to keep boost slightly below desired level,  It will bounce somewhat around the limit, but for my it stablized at about 20 psi when the limit was at 23.    Once it finds a happy defuel amount it will hold until boost falls.  

Anyways give her a go and let mw know what you think.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B46GXQ9arT2lUWR6Znk2N1gwbEU/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

Well he basically said yall are wasting your time with the pop pressure changes. lol

Good to know.  I trust his judgement more than my own haha.    Back into the hole I go

Defuel stuff.

I did some more testing today with the defuel update.  Rather than set defuel at 23 psi ( unrealistic for my setup) I set it at 30 psi.  Result was good, I floored it, boost spiked to ~32psi then settled right down at 29 psi and held.  While it works in both situtations, 23 psi and 30 psi, you can tell that the quad didn't have to work as hard to keep boost down.

You could def feel the defuel happening, but it was not surge-y

I do have to say though, if you want to use the defuel stuff, ensure your base tune makes sense for that defuel point, IE don't run a race tune with defuel set at 23 psi.  

Edited by Me78569

On 2/10/2017 at 8:18 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

If there was a way I could get to the menu easy on my phone I'd be happy to help out with logging data. Since the icon is so tiny and hard to get the menu open it not safe for me to even try in all my travels. It not safe for me even try getting menu open and exporting a data log. I sure wish this problem was fixed. 

I do have a drop with more appropriately sized icons, however, I'm not sure it worked all that well. 

@Me78569

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Does it also pull for EGT or just boost currently?

Also, I caught the lope today but I don't think the data is worth a damn.  If you can find something then awesome, but I haven't been able to identify anything.  The last 30 seconds of the data is where it was happening, and off and on through the short accelerations.  Also my RPMs usually hover around 850 in the morning when cold then 825 when warm so 800 is a bit low which is where it's more noticeable.  I know you've got a lot on your plate right now so no biggie, just wanted to get you some data one the topic.

iQuad-2017-02-13-02.46.39.csv

@Carbur8tr  Is lope the right word to use?  I guess I am confused as to the situtation as your logs show a steady idle, all be it lower than normal.  

trying to think of 

1. why a "lope" sound without a lope idle

2. why ecm would be causing the above

3. why revs are lower than normal.  

What is the ecm reacting to? truly perplexing.