• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

• Owner
2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

@Mopar1973Man are you still using IAT fooler to summer like temperature with your current v2 tuning 

Yes. Helps A bunch with the cold mornings.

Funny I made the mistake of leavimy my Performance tune loaded and it's doing better MPGs than my economy tune. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Timing is more retard. Fuel map starts at 105% and exponential growth of 1.5% vs the economy tune that starts at 100% and exponential growth of 1.2%. So that being said I might try bumping the fuel map harder and heading for 1.6% which will make it more smokey. My 1.2% curve is smoke free. My 1.5% I can see like haze to small clouds.

Hey everybody, re torqued my studs today, re lashed me some valves, and turned up the quad with some impressive results. 4th gear broke the tires loose at 50 psi boost. Quad was only on level 4 (out of 7) so 33% wire tap. Holy crap!!!

Pictures are of the work that had to be done, now I have O-ringed head, New valves, hardened seats, and 100# valve springs.

Hoping to do some tuning on the turn pike tomorrow, its my 28th birthday and I am going to go ride jet ski's at key largo.

I love the new features, I just need to get my can bus fueling figured out before I start dicking with the new timing features too much.

Quad data 02.22.17.pdf

File_000.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_000 (2).jpeg

IMG_3596.JPG

• Like 1

I am not entirely understanding how to make my own tunes. I keep reading numbers in relation to exponential growth. I just read the first 6 pages of this thread. 

I'll be the first to tell you that I am a math retard... if it ain't spoon fed to me then I'm lost. Thats why i'm just a dumb welder, lol. 

However, once I grasp it, the lightbulb will shine bright (one can only hope). Since my 176 mile round trip, I have noticed the fuel gauge move less. I forgot to write down how many gallons @ fillup :doh:, so had to rely on the eyeball method, as the lie-o-meter is as useful as **** on a boar. 

I just need to know what to look for. I have the tunes @Me78569 posted in the custom tunes thread as a baseline. Very smooth! He did say those are for 7k feet elev. and that i should add 20% to CANbus, being that I'm @ 2,300'.

Ok, is there some kind of graphing tool I can use? I see @Mopar1973Man posting graphs all the time. Good stuff! 

Lastly....most importantly.....my wifes satisfaction with the Quad is undeniable as she drove truck today first time since installing Quad. Good to have my other 1/2 on board. She grew up racing hot rod 4x4s in the PNW4WDA, so the itch is something she understands. 

• Owner
20 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

Ok, is there some kind of graphing tool I can use? I see @Mopar1973Man posting graphs all the time. Good stuff!

I'm just using LibreOffice Calc to graph my data in Linux. Windows users typically do the same thing using Microsoft Excel. 

21 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

I forgot to write down how many gallons @ fillup :doh:,

I've been logging every bit of fuel since 20k miles. I've got a spiral notebook in my center console that I write down odometer mileage, total cost, gallons, fill yes/no, price per gallon, and date.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

haha since you have stock injetors your canbus fueling should start over %100.

Go out, build a tune that mike uses. then floor it from a stop.  Does it smoke? if so bump canbus fueling down by a % until smoke clears. 

So build a tune Mike uses, cause his injectors are only 50HP, closer to stock most folks with quad I'm assuming. And then just adjust can bus only? Leave everything alone?

I going to call his tunes 

1973 MPG

1973 FUN

etc. etc. lol. 

or where it applies "psi low limit" or tps max and min or stretch.

I would leave the min pump tap fuel % at 0 for DD tunes.  that setting is really an effort to overcome Torque management on a race tune.  

Just remember that canbus makesup the meat of your fueling.  So the better your canbus fueling is the better your truck will run.  The wiretap just adds that little bit on top, think of it as going to 11 on your amp :shifty:

• Like 1