• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

You know what would be really awesome....in the iQuad app.... Boost Level Fueling CAN Bus:

Enter the growth %parameter (would be an added parameter setting within Boost Level Fueling CAN Bus,  and then enter your first # and let the app fill in the rest. 

Also just realized I can enter decimals values into CAN Bus parameters! Would it even behoove me to go this far? Would it make the power curve smoother? 

Edited by crf450ish
  • Like 1

• Owner

UPDATE! ATTENTION EVERYONE!

With the permission of Quadzilla Power we are now hosting mirror copies of flashes and apps for mobile devices. Everytime there is an update to the files here there will be a new thread started in Quadzilla forum and you can get support for the files there now. 

The download area.

https://mopar1973man.com/files/category/9-quadzilla-tunes/

Support forum area.

https://mopar1973man.com/forum/174-quadzilla-power/

So when @Me78569 or @Quadzilla Power makes another update there should be a new forum thread. So everyone will know what changed and now easy to find the files on the site. You'll notice there is a local copy here on Mopar1973Man.Com then there is a mirror copy QuadzillaTech.Com. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3

but right now I just update my google drive folder lol....   

good thing I am not updating stuff anymore....at least public stuff:whistle2:

18 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

You know what would be really awesome....in the iQuad app.... Boost Level Fueling CAN Bus:

Enter the growth %parameter (would be an added parameter setting within Boost Level Fueling CAN Bus,  and then enter your first # and let the app fill in the rest. 

Also just realized I can enter decimals values into CAN Bus parameters! Would it even behoove me to go this far? Would it make the power curve smoother? 

that's a pretty neat idea, but don't limit your tunes to a rampup fueling only.

MY tow tune ramps up quickly off the bat then tapers off to slow growth by10psi. 

You can do decimals, no point really.  I guess you couldn't but I doubt you would feel the difference.  Really if you wanted to max fueling up top you would only need to reach %112 to hit 4095 at WOT higher revs.

• Owner

With the exponential growth, you can do custom curves. Say like @Me78569 his tow tune you could do 3.4% growth rate to hit max at 10 PSI at 139%. Then taper off the rest of the curve say a mild 1.2% from that point out. This is why I didn't make the calculator part of the spreadsheet because I wanted to play or chop up the curve more you can. So that's why the calculator is separated.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I don't understand where the timing #s are coming from. I thought there was a solid list and descriptions of what every tuning parameter does in conjunction with another and the end result (roughly). For example, I have no clue what TPS Pump Minimum means...does it mean if its at 30%, the throttle acts like 30% of pedal is being applied right off idle? Modified APPS signal? Kinda like Smarty & Edge stacked?

Other things I don't understand:

1. Max load timing offset.

2. Pump low boost scale PSI- I sort of get this...does this mean when the wiretap power starts?

3. The whole timing thing. Ok, when I read that someone is running 3* of cruise timing...what is the end result?

4. Min pump tap fuel percentage.

5. Timing reduct scaling

If I know how to properly tune these parameters in conjunction with everything else, I'll be doing better. I am not getting injectors until I can use my right hand entirely....can't replace injectors with one functioning hand.  

Edited by crf450ish

As with everything we want to save and document it is stored in the articles section.  Even a tuning video.

1. Max load timing offset.

2. Pump low boost scale PSI- I sort of get this...does this mean when the wiretap power starts?

3. The whole timing thing. Ok, when I read that someone is running 3* of cruise timing...what is the end result?

4. Min pump tap fuel percentage.

5. Timing reduct scaling

1.Max Loda Timing Offset is how much timing of your base timing curve is related to load.  If you set this to 1* then load will ditctate 1* of the total timing up to your canbus limit.

2.  thats the lowest limit that wiretap will apply

3. Cruise timing is base 17* so if you set this to 1* then your Quad will try and hit 18* total timing at cruise at 2400 rpm.  There is a 3* span of cruise timng between 1400 and 2400 rpm so if cruise timing is set to 1* then at 1400 rpm you would get 15* of timing at cruise. 16* at 1700 17* at 2000 and 18* at 2400 rpm.

4. Using TPS from 0-100% this set the minimum amount of wiretap to use.  So if you have this set at %25 and go to %100 tps then you will get no less than 25% of the wiretap fuel stretch. if you go to %50 tps then you iwll get %50 of that %25.  Pretty much allows you to set a min amount of Wiretap at WOT.  Race tune type stuff.

5.  Set how fast timing reduction gets pulled, but allows for a limit.  If timing reduct is at 3* and reduct scaling is %75 then you will get a max of 2.25* of timing pulled at high throttle low boost, but it will increase down low faster than just setting your timing reduct to 2.25*

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Me78569 said:

if something isn't explained well let me know.  

It would be nice to match word for word what is on the phone to article instructions, for most part they are but few are slightly different and could be confusing especially for a new guy.

@Me78569 just noticed maybe a small misprint "~%50 of load timing ( 1.5*) which would put your current timing at 18.5* ( 19* max - 1.5* = 18.5*). " should it be 17.5?

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 2

• Owner

Someone want to have fun... Here start digging through my data log from Boise, ID to Midvale, ID.

Couple of things I'm going to bring up with @Quadzilla Power is...

1. The data logs don't need multiple rows of the same timestamp just waste space in storage.

2. The files need to stored on the accessible memory of the device so you don't need to upload to download them again as well as hunting for WiFi or cell signal just so you can get the logs. It would be MUCH easier to just plug in my USB cable and download on my laptop in the front seat of my truck and be able to preview. Right now I might have to drive to a local city or home for WiFi or cell service to get Google drive to upload so I can now fire up WiFi hotspot on my cellphone to download again. Rather pain in the rear...

iQuad-2017-02-25-04.47.21-739196234.csv