• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well this happend on the freeway today...

sooxies

I'm sure some of you fellas will get a kick out of this.

1986 BMW E28.....odometer stopped a while ago at 185,250.  This automobile refuses to quit.  Runs just fine but now you need earmuffs to drive it so the exhaust drone doesn't scramble your brains.:ahhh: 

One single rubber exhaust hanger was all that it was clinging to life on.

Nothing like a little exhaust carnage :burnout:

IMG_3693.jpg

Edited by sooxies
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

I love the E28.  

They just don't stop working.  

the only fix for what you have is bailing wire!

Took it right to the scrap yard...pocketed $50.  there's still 1 cat still on the car.  The entire system was shot anyways.  Every component had either: a hole in it, rust, and/or was damaged from today.  Buddy of mine has a little hole in the wall garage in the middle of nowhere and he does custom exhausts.  I might pick up a set of long tube headers for $199 and have him come up with something simple for me to keep her quiet.  OEM parts are expensive unfortunately or are hard to find.    

Has a lot of snap to her though.  2.7 litre 6-cylinder with a 5 speed.  Lots of fun to drive.       

• Staff
6 hours ago, IBMobile said:

The only V12s I ever worked on were in the Jaguar XKE with 4 Zenith-Stromberg side draft carbs.  This was at a dealer in 74-76.  I'd rather hit my thumb with a hammer than work on one again.  

What happened IBM , did you have an extra piston layin' over by the coffee pot when it was all done :ahhh:

• Like 1

I'm sorry but stuff like this makes me mad as hell and I do not find humor in it, it is a huge safety issue and shows lack of proper maintenance and inspection.  Lots of injuries and deaths occur every year due to stuff like this falling off vehicles on the open road.

Ok back off my soap box now carry on.

• Staff
44 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

I'm sorry but stuff like this makes me mad as hell and I do not find humor in it, it is a huge safety issue and shows lack of proper maintenance and inspection.  Lots of injuries and deaths occur every year due to stuff like this falling off vehicles on the open road.

Ok back off my soap box now carry on.

Yes and those spare tire winches go bad too. One guy saw his spare passing him on the shoulder from a rusted tire winch. That is why mine is chained up with a chain binder.

• Like 1

• Staff
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:35 AM, JAG1 said:

What happened IBM , did you have an extra piston layin' over by the coffee pot when it was all done :ahhh:

No, not that it would matter.   It's an English made car, made in England by people who drink warm beer.  Back then you need two of them.  One to drive while the other one was being fixes.   

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 2