• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I talked with @Dynamic this morning and he says I'd be best off going with a stage 3 build which is rated to around 550-600hp rather then the stage 2 which is rated to 450. Stage 2 he mentioned was basically for stock power trucks or very minimal mods but it's pretty much the lowest trans build he'd do for a diesel. So stage 3 it is, which is probably over shooting a bit on what my eventual power output would be, but that's definitely not a bad thing. He also said that the truck will still drive fine, although more firm, with stock power on a stage 3 build and that the more power you throw at that TC the better it is, so that's exciting.

Now I'm on to the last bit of savings for it, and of course, the chief finance officers approval.

• Like 1

I was going to comment on some RV275s i bought from Vulcan. My local and towing milage has gone up.  Taking a long trip towing around 19,000 gcw next week. Going to keep tight records and let you know.  As for stick / auto my avatar vehicle has a 40 lb schaffer clutch and any time i get the urge to drive a stick, i take it for a spin. Can not hold the pedal down at signals !  My auto was build by Mojave green all the trick stuff, some gorend components, triple disk mojave green converter, 2nd gear lock up,1200 rpm stall speed. He only charged me $2400.00 but i think he felt he owed me a lot of favors. Do not know his regular price.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2016 at 3:56 PM, notlimah said:

Do you mind sharing what parts you put in? Or who did it? I sorta feel like the majority of auto builds depend on who did the build.

True! But with 3 trucks already in the driveway and the wife telling me it needs to be 2 or else... I don't want a manual THAT bad! haha

dpc triple low stall, tcs(usa) billet input, bd flexplate, all upgraded internals, raybestos blue clutches. It was a local build, not sure what they did to the valve body. Valve body and torque converter are the biggies for shifting.

Did you and Dynamic talk stall speed on the TC? Last month I swapped out some 100hp vcos for 100hp sacs and swapped the edge comp for a quadzilla xzt...it's smokey down low with the low stall TC and super b turbo. I liked the stall of stock TC much better.

Hmm, those all seem like solid trans components from what research I've done. Weird that you're having the issues you are. Maybe the VB just isn't tuned quite right. Dynamic said that's pretty much what makes or breaks a solid built auto.

I didn't talk specifically about TC with Dynamic but I've seen plenty of his posts and he likes the lower stall converters for the most part. We talked more about what stage trans would be best for my application. I plan to get a little more in the weeds with him when I get closer to actually going out there and figuring out what will work best and what not.

6 hours ago, oldbeek said:

I was going to comment on some RV275s i bought from Vulcan. My local and towing milage has gone up.  Taking a long trip towing around 19,000 gcw next week. Going to keep tight records and let you know.  As for stick / auto my avatar vehicle has a 40 lb schaffer clutch and any time i get the urge to drive a stick, i take it for a spin. Can not hold the pedal down at signals !  My auto was build by Mojave green all the trick stuff, some gorend components, triple disk mojave green converter, 2nd gear lock up,1200 rpm stall speed. He only charged me $2400.00 but i think he felt he owed me a lot of favors. Do not know his regular price.

This has to be a misprint.....

I get so used to driving my truck that when I get in a small engine manual transmission vehicle, it can be difficult to adapt without any clutch pedal feedback. :doh:

17 hours ago, KATOOM said:

This has to be a misprint.....

I get so used to driving my truck that when I get in a small engine manual transmission vehicle, it can be difficult to adapt without any clutch pedal feedback. :doh:

Yep! 400hp clutch. All that in a 9 inch pressure plate.

Ok so I talked with Dynamic again today and sorry @CTcummins24V I totally forgot to ask about the low stall converter until I read through this again! :doh: I'm sure I'll talk to him again soon and I'll ask, or just give him a call!

Anyways, after our first conversation I did some soul searching if you will and basically realized that my goal of 500-550 is far fetched to say the least and that if I ever was to making that kind of power it would be pretty far down the road. Plus what mods I would do in the somewhat near future would be a fuel box (quad adr) and injectors (rv275s or 40-50hp) which Jon and I agreed would get me just into 400-425hp territory if I'm lucky. Seeing as how that's double the HP I have now. I feel for my needs and the way I use the truck now that double the HP will be more then enough to keep me happy for a while. If I ever did decide to throw bigger injectors and charger on then I'll just head out to Dynamic again and have him beef up the trans with the billet bits and shoot for the moon. Obviously not the most cost effective, but when were talking about good guys like Jon, I tend to not care about that stuff as much.

Either way, I'm excited to get my trip out there planned and I'll keep you all in the loop!

• Like 2