• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alright guys I have some questions regarding rv275 injectors. I've decided that these injectors will more then likely be what I go with when the time comes to upgrade mainly because I'm just looking for a mild boost in fueling without getting EGTs too crazy because I still want the truck to be able to tow a house. Questions are...

-How big (hp wise) are the rv275s? I've heard multiple different claims

-Are all rv275s created equal? Bosch vs DFI for example?

-Biggest turbo could reasonably run on rv275s (with towing in mind)

Rv 275's are injectors that are for an RV with 275 hp Cummins engine. So a 30 to 40 hp gain over stock depending ho or so engine. I run the rv's with an HX35 turbo and a Comp. I tow 15k on level 2X3 and the egt's stayed in check. Have not tried it in the mountains yet but it was all hill country with no really long steep grades.

That is really all the experience I have with that set up. It is the only one I have had other than stock and a smaller Banks tuner. 

I'm am not sure about this as I have not asked myself yet, but I read somewhere that DFI uses all genuine Bosch components when building their injectors.  I am constantly reading good things about DFI btw, not just from @Me78569 either lol. People sing their praises on CF too. I was actually just given contact info for Chis at DFI by a guy over on CF. You can PM me if you'd like it. I haven't called him yet as I'm not ready to spend the money at this point, but I'm planning too as soon as possible. I have been told he is awesome to deal with. I personally am looking at a 50-75 hp or .008-.009x7 vco injector from DFI, maybe even .0095 since @Me78569's are so clean. I was thinking of rv275, but I'm afraid I may be disappointed since I have 75hp right now. Plus as I believe Mike has said, you are less likely to get ones that are flow and pop matched that way. As far as turbo, I think 150hp(7x.011 I think?) would be the absolute max for the hx35, maybe a little big...this is all just what I have gathered from my reading on the subject. I'm not an expert by any means lol anyone who knows more please correct me if I am throwing out bad info :-)

Thanks for the input guys. I've heard awesome things about DFI as well. I'm pretty sure getting injectors that are flow and pop matched really comes down to where you're buying from, so being as I'd only go through vendors of the site, or DFI, I should be good to go, but definitely worth double checking.

I wouldn't mind getting injectors sort of on the edge of the limits that the HX35 can provide, with plans of getting a bigger turbo later. I just don't want to get into some injectors that I would ABSOLUTELY need to upgrade my turbo to use. To me that defeats my purpose, and like I mentioned before, I really just want an overall super solid tow rig. I'm not worried about it being fast or rollin' coal! Just good clean, useable power that can tow almost anything.

• Owner

Even I've ran a RV275's injectors for about a year with the Edge Comp on 5x3 and the upgraded to +50HP Vulcan Performance injectors which are flow matched and pop tested before being shipped. 

Now with the Edge Comp being replaced by the Quadzilla different ball game now. Very clean running, more power, EGT's seems to stay in check for the most part running @Me78569 custom tune. 

• Owner
15 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I would recommend DFI all day long.  

Kind of like myself I'd recommend "Vulcan Performance" all day long. :wink:

8 hours ago, notlimah said:

what's a good injector size to run with an HX35 or eventually slightly bigger single with towing in mind?

Personally I wouldn't go much over 50-75 HP sized injectors if your towing. You can fit those against a HX35W turbo fairly safely without much issues.

• Owner

Yes, bigger injectors need a bigger turbo. Bigger the turbo more smoke and lag.

48 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

I think @Me78569 is running 100hp's. What size turbo does he have?

Yes, he is running 100 HP injectors but running a custom fitted VGT turbo with his own home built controller.  Way different animal compared to a large fixed geometry turbo.

turbo coolant.jpg

The only thing I could think of to try is custom fit a HE351 turbo in and then it should support the 100 HP injectors. Still in all... It's all based on customizing beyond just bolt in turbos. 

It depends on the route he is going to take.

If he wants they quad then go with bigger injectors.

If I knew then what I know now I would have gone with 200 hp injectors and just used the canbus tuning and no wiretap.  Big injectors really give a lot of meat down low.  Using the quad you could make them run very clean.

Driving Tyler's truck really opened my eyes to that.

As for my setup, I could easily run 150-'s and wiretap.  Pedal down unloaded I can't hit 1300. My setup right now is what I would call stupid proof.  Anyone could jump in and drive it like an idiot and nothing would happen.

All that said if you want a good towing rig with the hx then 100's would be good provided you don't use wiretap when towing.  But buying injectors once is cheaper than buying them again once you get a new turbo.  

Edited by Me78569

And I would recommend DAP all day long. Lot's of good builders out there! I'd go with whatever is cheapest. 

If you're sticking with the edge I wouldn't go over 100's, and you'd have to be careful with the egts on higher numbers. I'm not sure what your altitude is , but I could peg a 1600* gauge with 90's and a hx35. Same thing with an he351cw and 90s. That's with the edge all the way up though.  100s would be fine for a larger turbo as well. My best mileage ever was with 125's and a 62/65/12 

If you're going with quad, you can "detune" it below stock, allowing you to run virtually an size you want and still keep things in check. On my lvl 2 tune, I'm pulling 40psi of boost and can't get egts over 1,000 unless you lug the crap out of it. Maxed out on lvl 3 I think I can get to 1200 or 1250.... can't remember for sure. 

If you leave it on lvl 1 someone can steal your truck and you don't have to worry about them blowing it up :lol: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not exactly something I would brag about... But it true your living proof of that...

Hey, the turbo timer kept them from shutting it off while the exhaust was still hot too! The quad is the only reason I'm not worried about any engine / turbo damage while it was gone. 

I set it to lvl 2 for my dad to drive home too. HA he probably would have "played with the power" on the drive home but he couldn't :lmao: 

So just to clarify, I'm all stock on power mods. Stock injectors and fueling (except the FASS). I was just sort of brainstorming injector ideas and had questions about the rv's since I didn't really know anything about them. 

My plans for the truck are for it to be a solid tow rig. I'll more then likely run a quad, and bigger sticks and eventually a bigger turbo but, with towing in mind.

12 minutes ago, notlimah said:

So just to clarify, I'm all stock on power mods. Stock injectors and fueling (except the FASS). I was just sort of brainstorming injector ideas and had questions about the rv's since I didn't really know anything about them. 

My plans for the truck are for it to be a solid tow rig. I'll more then likely run a quad, and bigger sticks and eventually a bigger turbo but, with towing in mind.

How strong is your transmission?

If you want your truck to tow its best but not have to worry about drivetrain reliability then you're limited to either an Edge EZ or RV275's.....or similar power making components.  Nothing wrong with that either as not everyone cares to modify their truck to such levels which you see others go through.  I'm more than happy with my EZ and RV275's but I also had to upgrade the clutch to hold just that much power while towing too. :thumbup2:

• Owner
33 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

....or similar power making components.

That's why I using smaller injectors and allowing the electronics to make up the short comings. This gives me a better range of control over my fuel. Where as large injectors your already big fuel and stack a module on your just getting bigger yet. This speaking more so Edge Products. Now seeing the Quadzilla there is hope for the large injectors because of the @Me78569 "The Wizard" of Quadzilla tuning. There is ways of pulling down below stock rate to keeping things happy with the truck where Edge Products everything is above stock rate.