• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bird season is coming at last

oldbeek

My Brittany, who owns the back seat of my truck is chomping at the bit. I think Chuckar season opened in Idaho last week. Hells cyn was my kind of place 40 years ago. Nevada opens Oct 9 and i hope to find some flatter country where my quad will be doing most of the work locating them.  Any hunters out there , i wish you good hunting and good camping.

• Staff

Getting to be time for pheasant and dove hunting just north of the Mexican boarder.  We walk the farm fields to flush out the birds while the Boarder Patrol goes driving around use to flush out the "undocumented" boarder crossers.  

Some of my friends have been wanting me to go chucker hunting up near Ridgecrest, CA

Edited by IBMobile

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Grouse season starts soon too up here in Idaho. Sad thing is, I've not gone hunting in 10 plus years...

Sounds like a good time to walk the woods... especially if you are a local.

Another few weeks and all bird seasons will be open here too. No dog necessary as I have turkeys, doves and pheasants right out my window most everyday. And then grouse, partridge, ducks and geese in the fields and prairie less than a quarter mile from my house. Bird hunters paradise here.

• Owner
1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

Like my mom all ways said, "Take time to enjoy life because if you die today they (work) will have somebody in your place tomorrow".

Since you've got it all figured out you can go to Walla Walla, WA and install a clutch for can't you? I'll take the weekend and go hunting...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

@Taz happens to have double hernias right now just lost the throw out bearing in his truck. I would have to classify him as a best friend I've known him for over 25 years. While he's fighting with the insurance company I'll get a clutch jammed in his truck this weekend. 4 hour drive to get there for me. 

I use to love going out and walking the woods when I younger and more carefree. Now I've got plenty of responsibilities and can't seem to get much of a day off. When I do I either doing home work (splitting firewood, laundry, etc) or catch some extra sleep. 

Then I could tell the tale of being held by law efforcement (Fish & Game , County and State police) for 4 hours over one stupid grouse and Dodge Ram Charger. Another reason I'm not too fond of hunting any more. No tickets, nothing illegal but harassed.