• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2012 3500 six speed

Seanbat

Ive got a 12 3500 dually long bed six speed manual  my cluch is bad and i was wondering if i ahould go back to stock 2 stage or a single stage? I drive daily pull camper, ranger, full size jeep. Just dont know what would be better. Or should i upgrade it a little. 

Edited by Seanbat
Add word

11 hours ago, Seanbat said:

Ive got a 12 3500 dually long bed six speed manual  my cluch is bad and i was wondering if i ahould go back to stock 2 stage or a single stage? I drive daily pull camper, ranger, full size jeep. Just dont know what would be better. Or should i upgrade it a little 

Ugrade to single stage would be better. Would that use more fuel in the top end? Like going 75 in 6th gear going 70 75 

How many miles on your oe clutch? If it is not slipping and you plan on staying stock I would see no reason not to put the same one back in. If you are thinking about adding power then an upgrade would be in order. My oe clutch in the 02 lasted 250k. I dont tow often but heavy when I do and I never slipped the stocker even with a 75hp tuner.

I was a little surprised that the stocker held up to the Banks tuner my self.

That being said a clutch upgrade cannot hurt and is better than finding out the replacement is not as good as the oe. 

Edited by dripley

I assume by "stock 2 stage" and "single stage" you're referring to the Stock Dual Mass flywheel vs aftermarket Single Mass (solid) Flywheels.

The advantage to the Dual Mass flywheel is it's sound deadening properties , because without one the G56 can be a little loud at times.

The disadvantage is it's prone to failure and doesn't take increased HP very well.

I would recommend doing some research on the subject to help you decide what's best for you.

Here's a good read.  

https://www.turbodieselregister.com/threads/135592-G-56-guys-CLUTCH-UPGRADE!!-No-more-DMF!?pp=15&highlight=dual mass

And some ear candy.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2016 at 10:57 PM, Seanbat said:

Ive got a 12 3500 dually long bed six speed manual  my cluch is bad and i was wondering if i ahould go back to stock 2 stage or a single stage? I drive daily pull camper, ranger, full size jeep. Just dont know what would be better. Or should i upgrade it a little. 

I work for Valair. Give me a Ring at my office. I will get you lined out with one of our Stock HD Organic Single Disk. My office number is 940-468-4542. My name is Matt

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 9:36 PM, dripley said:

How many miles on your oe clutch? If it is not slipping and you plan on staying stock I would see no reason not to put the same one back in. If you are thinking about adding power then an upgrade would be in order. My oe clutch in the 02 lasted 250k. I dont tow often but heavy when I do and I never slipped the stocker even with a 75hp tuner.

Well i bought the truck used i have only put 8,000 miles on it and the truck has about 50,000.... 

17 hours ago, Seanbat said:

What about the brand valeo? 

If I am not mistaken Valeo was the stock clutch manufacture for my 02. Or maybe LUK. Cant remember now.

6 hours ago, Seanbat said:

Well i bought the truck used i have only put 8,000 miles on it and the truck has about 50,000.... 

That is pretty crappy mileage on a clutch unless somebody dogged the crap of it or had a tuner on it. I was shocked my oe lasted as long as it did. 60% of its life had 75hp Banks tuner on it. But I did not tow alot with it either.

1 hour ago, dripley said:

If I am not mistaken Valeo was the stock clutch manufacture for my 02. Or maybe LUK. Cant remember now.

That is pretty crappy mileage on a clutch unless somebody dogged the crap of it or had a tuner on it. I was shocked my oe lasted as long as it did. 60% of its life had 75hp Banks tuner on it. But I did not tow alot with it either.

As far as i can tell its all stock and it was owned by some rancher and pulled his cattle trailer with it.. 

So would going with valeo be good or does anyone know