• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok guys as some know I had to install a re man nv5600 last October, just recently I have a issue with 4th popping out randomly, excessive noise in neutral with the clutch relieced, a small thunk when changing gears, and now the out put seal between the trans and transfer case is leaking, does t th is sound like a major failure conning on in the trans 

I was afraid some one would say that it was sum serious cause its out a warranty by 2 months, I just don't get it, its has less that 10,000 miles on it and has been babied, only one trailer at about 5k for 10  miles or so, and I never towed in 6th or lugged in 6th and I run a extra qut of oil

How much oil did you have in it. if only to fill plug till comes out then it's not enough. factory it takes 5qts I belive and recommend is 7. it's possible that a bearing went out like Mike said and main shafts has enough play in it for all the things to happen. when I had my mustang I blew Tranny out of it about once a year, and I ended up learning how to rebuild it, it was a t5. most of the time it was main shafts grind all the teef on 2nd or 3rd when I would use nitrous. if not all teef were grinder off it would still go in gear and pop out at random. and also would have noises yre talking about . 

Edited by Dieselfuture

It is the jumping out of gear that bugs me. I lost the throw out bearing on my Valair clutch at 70k. It made noise with the clutch in or out. Worse while the clutch was in but not alot. The tranny did not jump out of gear however. I have no experience with a bad pilot beating. Is CPP a local company?