• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Passed on the power wagon... picked up this!

Looks like the Batmobile.  I had a 68 dodge 4 door Monaco with the 383 2 bbl. Car had some iron in it for sure but that engine let haul the mail. Loved that car and it only cost me about $400 bucks back in 74 or so. Sold it about 2 years later for $200. Are you going to pull your Barricuda with it?

5 minutes ago, dripley said:

Looks like the Batmobile.  I had a 68 dodge 4 door Monaco with the 383 2 bbl. Car had some iron in it for sure but that engine let haul the mail. Loved that car and it only cost me about $400 bucks back in 74 or so. Sold it about 2 years later for $200. Are you going to pull your Barricuda with it?

Haha.  No.  I dont know what the long term plan is.  

3 minutes ago, BBHD said:

The Golden super cruise is a blast! There is a white 300 that was at the last cruise in September with a cross ram 413. I'm a sucker for the big block land yachts!

We should meet up for it at some point.  

@Mopar1973Man  I may need help wiring up a high idle switch for it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dripley said:

4BT swap with some beefed up suspension :stirthepot: 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Nick, we got it running today.  

New fuel pump and running out of a gas can, but it started right up.  It needs a new starter and the engine is FULL of some really nasty sludge.  However, the trans works, it charges, and it should be on the road soon.  

A couple taps on the carb was all it took to free the stuck float, and even the accelerator pump works.

Im planning on flushing the engine with some snake oil and multiple oil changes.  After that, mabe pickling the cylinders to try to get the rings clean.  

Edited by CSM
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

It was a good time today man.  Let me know when you want to give her an enema.

Awesome.  

I need to pull the starter.  Theres a shop in the springs for alternators and starters if i cant free it up.  

Then the plan is to going to auto hobby shop to pull the pan, then the enema will commence... along with the fuel lines, filter, etc.  Ill let you know.  

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

Give me more detail and or pics of the power wagon you passed up on, that would interest me a great deal.

Texts ok?  I still want the power wagon! Haha.  But i doubt that will happen.  

It is mint.  The only downside about it is closed knuckles.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

Friend of Mine bought an early 70's 2500 4x4 four door crew cab from California with a 440 and auto that is super mint as well but he paid considerably more for his.

Crew cab dodges are really expensive right now.