• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

To Go With A Smarty Or Not

I have been running stock since I damaged my original motor a few years ago. I have not kept up with the latest trends. I run around with a lot of weight as a welding truck, 10k the last time I checked. I am putting my 50hp injectors in this motor soon. I almost want to stay with just inj. but I dont know whats out there, I have read some on the smarty. I do pull heavy sometimes, 20-28k. Any info would be great, Thanks

Ok what am I looking for? Didnt find anything ADR, I found Adrenaline w/control Pod 695.00, and iquad 700.00 pluse I guess there is a diff, in 2001 and a 2002? I thought they were the same. Thoroughbred Diesel 595.00 Pod 

Edited by jlwelding

36 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hook up is super easy everything is under the hood. There is only 1 wire that goes back in the cab. I'm also using the Android as well and working very good. 

This thing mounts under the hood? I had 2 edge ez that didnt last 6 - 8 months each due to corrosion. Edge warranted them and I sold the new one after I received it.   
I am sold on the EGT 's being low and the cool down time.

I got edge juice with attitude and I hate it lmao I picked up a smarty s03 from a buddy for cheap and love how it drives I wanted a quad but isn't in the cards right now so I use the edge for guages and the smarty for tuning for the way I drive my truck smarty is all I need 

On 1/21/2017 at 3:13 AM, NightHawk said:

I enjoy the Smarty S03, makes good power and have yet to have smoke issues.  I run on SW 05 and would recommend if you don't intend to want to wire tap down the road.

This is a half truth. You have a nearly stock truck with stock injectors. Until you add a set please stop pushing this or add in the necessary details so people can make an educated decision on that product.

The smarty is much more friendly to stock injectors.  The data logging I have seen from the smarty tunes have been less than impressive,  there's a reason why the butt dyno likes them.  

Some folks like that, others don't......that's fine.

Also should be noted that if you mess with the revo settings things get better, but the default levels are pretty smokey.

Edited by Me78569