• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

LOST POWER

My understanding is the OFV, ove flow valve, has a small by pass in it. If  either bolt on the head or the tee is letting air in it will drain the fuels system. How long it takes depends on how much air is being allowed in. The fuel system hold no pressure once the engine is shut. I had hard starts for a while and replacing the tee grommets and the washers on the head bolt solved my issue.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 8:10 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I wouldn't suggest plugging the return line. Take a risk of blowing the front seal out without a return path. 

Heat is one factor but I'm still waiting to see summer heat. So far I've not seen anything temperature wise that would even be stress full to electronics yet. 

For some reason I can't just reply to thread, I think I'm quoting. But anyway oil pressure sensor shears same  close 5volt loop. Change oil pressure sensor just in case. :2cents: probably won't help but ....

12 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

For some reason I can't just reply to thread, I think I'm quoting. But anyway oil pressure sensor shears same  close 5volt loop. Change oil pressure sensor just in case. :2cents: probably won't help but ....

More than one sensor shares that 5v reference. Same with the ground.

Did Map sensor code test.  Checkout to be bad Map Sensor.  Code has been gone for 2 days now.  I replace the overflow return fuel valve. Again there was Not even a drop of fuel in the return line.  With that finding i'm going to have to go back to my original thought and replace the New VP44 due to fuel pressure going down to 5psi couple times.   

whoa whoa!

Just because fuel pressures dropped below 5psi doesn't mean your VP44 is toast! It's definitely not good for it, but it's not an instant killer. Is the pump under warranty? If not, I'd just ride out this pump until you have a VP44 death code. At the very least walk through Blue Chip's procedures for checking if your VP44 is toast.

A dry overflow return valve to me just indicates that the valve was just bad.

Yea I mean, I'd go through every check to verify my VP was bad before I started shelling out the money for a new one. Still not getting any VP codes? I know its possible for the VP to fail with no codes but from my understanding is it's fairly rare. Blue Chips procedures should give a pretty definitive answer as to whether the pump is bad or not. Let us know what you find!

I will let you know by tomorrow.  The truck has long crank time again in the morning and you have to back out of the pedal at full throttle because it slows the truck down.  Same symptoms my last vp had but it had a p01688.   I have no codes except 602 from Smarty stacked with Edge