• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline Economy and MPG

Mopar1973Man

TUNE PARAMETERS

Number of Power levels:  7

RPM Limit:  3200

VALET MODE PARAMETERS

Maximum Valet Mode Power:  20%

PUMP TAP PARAMETERS

Maximum Fuel Stretch: 1800 microseconds

TPS Pump Maximum: 100%

TPS Pump Minimum: 30%

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 0%

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 11 PSI

Boost Scaling: 40 PSI

TIMING PARAMETERS

Fuel Load Timing: 1* (Max Load Timing?)

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3*

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100%

Cruise Timing Adv: 3*

Cruise Timing Boost PSI Limit: 28 PSI

RPM TIMING MAX

1500 RPM: 17

2000 RPM: 19

2500 RPM: 23

3000 RPM: 25

Max: 26

BOOST LEVEL FUELING - CAN BUS

PSI:100

PSI:101

PSI:102

PSI:103

PSI:105

PSI:106

PSI:108

PSI:109

PSI:110

PSI:112

10 PSI:113

11 PSI:115

12 PSI:116

13 PSI:118

14 PSI:119

15 PSI:121

16 PSI:122

18 PSI:126

20 PSI:129

22 PSI:132

24 PSI:136

26 PSI:139

28 PSI:143

30 PSI:147

I had the data log but forgot to back it up when i got home.

I will get one tomorrow doing 60mph

• Like 1

And officially averaging 23.82 MPG in south florida,

Highway tune

Cruise timing 2*

Canbus fuel starting % 100% up to 10PSI

Average cruise timing = 18.50 - 19.50* depending on speed. Typically cruising at 70 MPH

Also, only running PL2 on these trips and cruising flat turn pike or I-75 at 4psi boost

truck stop to truck stop on I-75, over two weeks. One day I drove 48 Miles to work on 1.94 Gallons of fuel.

But it was 10PM and I didn't have to slow down at all.

The big injectors don't like a ton of timing if you pull fuel %. my smokeless tune for city driving is crappy on mileage because the starting canbus % is 83% and it dogs hard on the Load and TPS

Pretty much I am driving 600 - 650 miles between 31 gallon fill ups on the regular, as long as I keep my foot out of it.

65 I can hit 25mpg no trouble....my truck isn't safe at 75 so I don't bother driving that fast lolol.  the vgt actually doesn't help much from what I have found.  I can set her wide open or down on my race tune and MPG is pretty much the same.    

Edited by Me78569

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

65 I can hit 25mpg + no trouble....my truck isn't safe at 75 so I don't bother driving that fast lolol.  the vgt actually doesn't help much from what I have found.  I can set her wide open or down on my race tune and MPG is pretty much the same.    

Nice, and you don't have to deal with the dually crap!

• Owner
3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

...... more info?

I pulled my Vulcan injectors out and installed my stock injectors back in. I just about ate the grid heater gaskets so I made a run to McCall, ID to get the new gasket. Even after hard pulls (what you would expect with stock) it was idling fine and smooth in town. EGT's a bit higher than the +50 HP injectors. Timing rattle is nearly gone like I need to crank up more timing. Runs very smooth absolutely smoke free. Now last trip down to Bosie, ID when I fired up in the morning the exhuast was just lightly smoking white and smelled of fuel. Another clue something was wrong. I basically gave in swap back to stock and problems are gone. 

My problem is I don't really want to play the pop test game much and end back up pulling them all over again in a few months having to deal with another misfire or injector issue. Made a few phone calls to see what I've got for options for injectors. @dieselautopower is trying to set me up with injectors... Might be closer to +90 HP SAC's... :whistle:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

45 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I pulled my Vulcan injectors out and installed my stock injectors back in. I just about ate the grid heater gaskets so I made a run to McCall, ID to get the new gasket. Even after hard pulls (what you would expect with stock) it was idling fine and smooth in town. EGT's a bit higher than the +50 HP injectors. Timing rattle is nearly gone like I need to crank up more timing. Runs very smooth absolutely smoke free. Now last trip down to Bosie, ID when I fired up in the morning the exhuast was just lightly smoking white and smelled of fuel. Another clue something was wrong. I basically gave in swap back to stock and problems are gone. 

My problem is I don't really want to play the pop test game much and end back up pulling them all over again in a few months having to deal with another misfire or injector issue. Made a few phone calls to see what I've got for options for injectors. @dieselautopower is trying to set me up with injectors... Might be closer to +90 HP SAC's... :whistle:

So when are you getting a pop testing device and start popping and rebuilding members injectors?

• Owner

Not happening... I wish I could... Right now with all the driving back and forth for MoparMom is keeping the budget extremely tight. I'm not capable to work any jobs really because of the time factor. Being my travel days are 12 hour days. So my off days I end up doing maintenance on the truck and keeping it in good repair. So like today was swapping out injectors and shopping for replacement injectors. 

FEB. fuel logs...

feb fuel logs.jpg

So it doesn't give me much for buying tools...

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I ran those exact injectors for a while. They run very well, but with the tuner up things got VERY hot on the stock turbo. Mid 1600's or so if you keep in it. Quad should be able to keep fuel tied down though. I'd expect mileage to stay up without a problem. 

• Owner

SUGGESTED http://dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-75hp-performance-injectors-7x0-0085-sac-vp7x85sac75/

http://dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-50hp-performance-injectors-7x0-008-vco-vp7x8vco/

So @dieselautopower is suggesting the first link for injectors. I'm kind of building this in mind with a HX35/40 turbo being installed too. This way I get a bit more bang for the buck power wise, keep the exhaust brake, and also keep the MPG tune thought in mind. 

• Owner
15 hours ago, TFaoro said:

I ran those exact injectors for a while. They run very well, but with the tuner up things got VERY hot on the stock turbo. Mid 1600's or so if you keep in it. Quad should be able to keep fuel tied down though. I'd expect mileage to stay up without a problem. 

I'm going to upgrade to CSMs turbo he sent to me. That happened to be HX35/40 turbo just needs bearing kit. Also I'm not the type to run wide open very long, maybe passing other vehicles. Towards the end my 60s were slamming against the 1300 limit I've set. I've got to admit the stock injectors are smooth but power is reduced quite a bit now. Dropped me From my 19 to 20 MPG to barely 16 to 17 uncalibrated.

• Like 1