• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The crf450ish random question thread.

in your case I would say Mini h1 as they literally thread into 9004/9006 bulb holders.  You just put them in and tighten them down, done and done.

the DS2 require you cut and fit things as the hole is too small in the 9004/9006 bulb.

• Like 1

Hey guys maybe this is been addressed already I just can’t seem to find the thread but I’m pretty sure I need to change my power steering fluid but seeing as I work five days a week 10 hours a day and am fairly busy on the weekends I was wondering if I could just evacuate the fluid in the power steering reservoir refill and drive for a few days Wash rinse repeat  until fluid is clean No matter how many times it takes.  I vaguely remember @Mopar1973Man  Saying something somewhere about that. 

• Owner

No. I never suggest that method. Disconnect the gear box return. Now with the front axle jacked up off the ground. Go lock to lock this will pump the fluid out of the system. Keep this going till the fluid is clean. Only takes a half hour and about 2 quarts. The gear box holds nearly a quart by itself.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 5:46 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

No. I never suggest that method. Disconnect the gear box return. Now with the front axle jacked up off the ground. Go lock to lock this will pump the fluid out of the system. Keep this going till the fluid is clean. Only takes a half hour and about 2 quarts. The gear box holds nearly a quart by itself.

Thank you very much!

On 8/7/2017 at 7:39 AM, trreed said:

I'm using a sender out of a Mercury outboard.  $20 on ebay and surprisingly steady and reliable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Pressure-Sensor-For-Mercury-110-250-HP-Outboard-Motors-0-100-PSI-/232153040470?hash=item360d664656

Dude I just bought one of these and put it on (been putting it off for a long time). Fuel pressure steadily @ 17 psi!!! Thanks a million. 

Is there any drilling or otherwise material modifications required to install a fluiddampr? I have a chance to pick up one for 1/2 price of new (and this one is brand new in a dudes garage on his shelf).   Just wondering who here has actually installed one themselves. Thx 

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I actually put one on this morning haha. 

A pin kit is something they sell that allows you to put set pins in the fluid damper

flu-300002_w_ml.jpg

Thanks dude. So what’s the benefit of this? Peace of mind that the damper won’t spin?

8 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Pretty much,  are you going to turn more than 3500 rpm?  Fluid damper says dont worry if you aren't.   I used the ARP bolt kit as well.

Nooo! Lol. My truck has seen 3000 rpm one time since I’ve owned it. ARP all the way man! 

5 hours ago, jlbayes said:

I double pinned mine, arp bolts and loctite. But ppump 24v that turns some rpm once in a while.

Yeah mine won’t be turning any higher than 3K rpm. Sheet, I don’t even hit 2500 rpm very often. I’m 30 going on 80 behind the wheel. Just want a fluidamper for peace of mind. I’ve noticed a tad bit of vibration at idle. Looked at stock harmonic balancer and the rubber is checked. Time for a fluidamper

Now this can’t be correct. I’m doing between 70-75mph on a flat (yes, flat) straight highway, 20* timing, 30% engine load, mpg switch @ 143*......

My guess is an actual 23 mpg

kbsfAGM.jpg

Edit: I reset it three times. Went back to this each time haha

Edited by crf450ish

If you have your quad's fuel levels set over 100% at any given psi, I think your lie-o-meter will show you have consumed less fuel, when in reality you the quad is commanded more than the ECM asked for. Try driving on level 1 sub 100% and watch that number fall.

Edit: Thinking about that some more, that might only be half right. Awaiting a correction. Lol.

With larger than stock injectors, you are commanding less fuel, so the mpg number will appear to go up as well.

One of the two things I said might be right. 50/50 odds. Hah.

Edited by kzimmer

think of it as total fuel delivered based on command and injector size.  If you drop your fueling commands by %30, but increase your injector flow by %30 then the lie-o-meter will be correct still.  If you keep injectors the same, but decrease fueling commands then your lie-o-meter goes up.  

This is from the ECMs point of view so it is inverted to your Quadzilla tuning.  IE stock injectors aggressive tune means you need to push the pedal less to command the same fueling, thus the ecm thinks you are sipping fuel and jacks up the mpg meter.

• Like 1