• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

8 hours ago, trreed said:

Every time mine death wobbles, I make it do a WOT run to ~100 to punish it (yes I know I make bad choices) and show it that I'm in charge, but either it's a masochist or just doesn't listen....

Friend of mine had a truck on 44s with dinky half ton axles, every time it would do death wobble he'd drive right in to ditch without slowing down and come back on the road, not recommended bit seemed to work for him. There are days I wonder why we're still alive. 

The only time mine has done is on old tires. New ones stop it. But every time I hit the right kind of bump it feels like it wants to. Put a new steering stabilizer on her about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it helped quite a bit.

7 hours ago, notlimah said:

If you happen to loose that huge nut/bolt/sleeve like I did let me know! I have an extra :duh:

If I lose it, I'll just steal the one out of Tyler's kit and make him ask you for it :D  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

DOR track bar is in!  Thanks to @TFaoro for letting me come down to use his shop. 

Install was easy (except for the two holes that were too small for the actual bolt...??)

And, install took a little longer because when Tyler and I work together there's more name calling and quoting tv shows than actual work.IMG_3839.JPG.29e2be32a37106d416ff0fdd8d80ecf1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The two holes in the bracket were.  Had to file them some to get both the threads and the shoulder through.  Even then had to tap it in with a hammer

Oh!  Also @notlimah, how did you have issues with the dust seals?  Mine fit right in the heim and slipped right into the bracket..

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Man some big waights on your wheel, put some beers in there

Beads are coming when I get new tires here shortly

Edited by trreed

Compound gurus (@jlbayes, @TFaoro and whoever else), I have a question about exhaust housings. Eventually, the secondary turbo in my setup will be a 62/68 SXE. What do you guys recommend for housing size? 12cm or 14cm?  

Also, do you guys have any favorite housing suppliers other than DAP and Smeding Diesel?

• 2 weeks later...

I got really bored over the weekend so I pulled two of my DAP injectors to see what they looked like after about 7k miles (I was really, really bored). Found lots of soft soot that wiped off really easily, and slight discoloration of the tips. Truck seemed to idle smoother with cleaning just two injectors. Curious. IMG_3883.PNG.d184c9c66f79e34fdd6cd4aa423a2c86.PNGIMG_3876.JPG.336de29d47d74fc9c8ad9cab57047769.JPG

Edited by trreed