• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

1 hour ago, Hawkez said:

I got mine VP44 through DAP last year.  Just make sure the core that you send in is the same flavor as the one they send you or you could be out your core deposit.

Yeah that's the issue I'm having, since I want to switch to a SO pump. Good thing Tyler broke a SO one and we can swap!

52 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Done...  You now have one... :violin:

yesssaaaahhhhhh rofl

1 hour ago, Hawkez said:

I got mine VP44 through DAP last year.  Just make sure the core that you send in is the same flavor as the one they send you or you could be out your core deposit.

8 minutes ago, trreed said:

Yeah that's the issue I'm having, since I want to switch to a SO pump. Good thing Tyler broke a SO one and we can swap!

I got burned by this from CPP years ago. However DAP was taking opposite cores. I know Tylers got ya covered.

13 hours ago, trreed said:

DAP is who I went through for my injectors and other odds and ends, and they do have very good customer service.  And just under 1k for a VP is very fair, compared to other places I've seen

No kidding. I just recently had my memory refreshed about which VP sellers actually have the Bosch test stand. DAP does have said test stand. That's a major thing to consider. 

DAP does not have a 815 test stand.  

Point of the whole test stand conversion is just to remember that all VP44 rebuilds come from 1 of ~8 places in the states.   What you are getting through Vendor A is VERY likely to be the same exact pump as you get through Vendor B.  So when you buy a VP44 get one that is supported by the best vendor possible, with the best warranty possible, at the cheapest cost.  

Pretty much ALL rebuild vp44's these days have the pump updates that resolve a lot of the p0216 erors and so forth.

• Like 2

Well that was a little more ouchy than I was ready for, but I bet it'll be worth it in the long run.  

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 11.26.07 AM.png

And, according to DAP's core policy, they are no longer taking any core.  It does have to be the same type of pump as the one you ordered...

Edited by trreed

So today I picked up (or rather payed for) @TFaoro's old 3 piece manifold, because why not.  A few coats of paint made it look new again.  I also took a page out of Tyler's book and went ahead with polishing my compressor cover, because I think it looks nice and I know it'll annoy him....  I'm only about halfway done in these pictures, as I ran out of sandpaper for the night and have a test that I should be studying for as well

IMG_3192.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG