• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I need my music! How is best way in todays world

(Not sure where to post...Please move to right place)

Finally going to upgrade my 2001 stock radio...am/fm, cd with something better. 

Trying to figure out what I should get, so I can burn cd's or MP3's.  Or are cd's/mp3's outdated now days? 

Over all goal is to play what I want, when I want and go down road with "my" music playing a little bit louder than noise of motor.

If cd's are still the way to go, where is best place download from?

Any recommendations for a good music machine?

I'm in the same boat looking for music,  but I did finally get a cd/usb player from best buy, and reason why best buy is it was on sale for same price as online and I could take it back if something was wrong with it. It reads most of cd formats has capabilities for xm/sirus/ihaert,etc. And hands free blue tooth for calling, works great when truck is not running, when it does run you have to speak up. I mainly use usb port and have different music in different folders so it's easier to find. 

I'll try and remember to take a picture of it when I get home. Really I can't believe I went this long without one. I was going to hack my Dash and put a double din but decided not to. I'm glad I didn't do it. 

16 hours ago, 015point9 said:

(Not sure where to post...Please move to right place)

Finally going to upgrade my 2001 stock radio...am/fm, cd with something better. 

Trying to figure out what I should get, so I can burn cd's or MP3's.  Or are cd's/mp3's outdated now days? 

Over all goal is to play what I want, when I want and go down road with "my" music playing a little bit louder than noise of motor.

If cd's are still the way to go, where is best place download from?

Any recommendations for a good music machine?

I am going to get a cassette that has Bluetooth and you put it in your second gen vintage cassette deck and pair it with your phone for tunes.i think it's about twenty bucks on Amazon . If anybody has tried this let us know how it works,I haven't got it yet.

8 minutes ago, jigdog said:

I am going to get a cassette that has Bluetooth and you put it in your second gen vintage cassette deck and pair it with your phone for tunes.i think it's about twenty bucks on Amazon . If anybody has tried this let us know how it works,I haven't got it yet.

I tried a Bluetooth cassette like you described and it petered out within a few months and you have to recharge the battery pretty often. I just grabbed a cassette adapter with the jack on a cord that plugs into my phone and it's a lot easier and no battery to recharge every few hours!

I got a retro sound radio for my truck. It looks like it could be OEM but it has all of the new stuff like bluetooth and aux/usb ports. It is very nice quality wise as well but you pay for that quality. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't connect to the dimmer wire and the bright mode is too bright at night but the dim mode is not quite bright enough if the sun is shining right on it on a nice day.

IMG_0725.JPG.027fbb30bee844a75c822d7aafdee1f9.JPG

• Like 2

• Owner

Like myself I've got the Kenwood deck similar to above just no USB. I can burn MP3 disc. If all the MP3 are 128k bitrate then you should get roughly 120 to 130 songs on one normal 700MB CD disc which typically is about 8-9 hours of music. Like on my phone I've got a little over 1.0GB of music which I can play through the AUX audio port. This feature I love. Like yesterday I was talking to a friend over WhatsApp. Then later on I can make phone calls through my stereo. The MP3 player on the phone automatically pauses for calls and unpauses after all call is done. Not to mention my bluetooth is used for the Quadzilla and it automatically pops back up after phone calls are done. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kenwood-apple-ipod-and-satellite-radio-ready-in-dash-receiver-black/4900976.p?skuId=4900976&cmp=RMX&ref=17&loc=11&CampaignID=833901&SubscriberID=485446900

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J1FADM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CD's are becoming obsolete, I just installed this and am loving it, connects 2 bluetooth devices at once so i can have my personal and work phone to take calls while listening to music/podcast on other phone.  Hands free setup works great, plenty of power to my 6x9's that i installed too, ran new wire to get around the infinity rats nest.  Stock rear speaks and a 500w amp and rockford fosgate punch 12" sub behind my seat keeps the cummins rattlin my brain at bay :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a pretty good setup that I like a lot in my truck. The Farenheit TID-893B which is a great budget head unit with a 7" pop up LCD screen that can play movies for passengers as long as you don't hook up the ground for it. It's got Bluetooth as well to connect to a phone and an AUX connector right in the front. If you don't want to use an AUX cable, you can also put music on an SD card and load it behind the face of the head unit or plug in a USB card and play it from that. Picked it up from a local guy but it's the same one as this one Here. It's got 3 angle tilt that can be used to avoid the AC vents. All-in-all I like it a lot. Can also buy a back-up camera and attach it so you can see what's behind you when you're backing up. I hardly ever use the touch screen so I keep it folded in for the most part to give it a clean look.

13301500_1330717246945695_5261745226563774768_o.jpg

Edited by Cronus577