• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 Dodge Transmission issues

My vote goes to getting a Quadzilla. Let's here what mods are already done to the truck. I'm sure once everyone sees what's already done to the truck different ideas will flow. Good looking truck :thumbup2:

• Owner
15 hours ago, Milam_11 said:

Used to have an edge comp box on it now it doesn't have anything. Trying to decide between a comp box and a quadzilla. Any help would be great.

I also vote for Quadzilla. Way better fuel to boost management. Then the ability to adjust your timing curve and cruise timing is something no other tuner can do for the 24 valve Dodge Cummins.

Here is exactly what I was told is done. Only reason I want the edge over the quadzilla is simply for the cts2 monitor, i used to love mine. I just don't want to have to Bluetooth mine for the quadzilla every time. 

IMG_2422.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Any help? I've dropped it off at two shops and they have charged me enough. All they did was replace the solenoids, and after said oh yeah it's lowed geared. Is there any way to attach a longer video for y'all to see?

• Owner
1 minute ago, SilverMoose said:

Jack up rear end and turn driveshaft. Count how many turns for 1 complete revolution of tire. Instant gear ratio confirmation.

L8tr

D

Just remember to mark the tire with a tire crayon and the driveshaft so you can make a good count.

• Like 1

Change the fluid in the rear differential.  No one else did it, they were too busy poking exhausts in the hood and bed and such. :ahhh:    (being funny  truck looks good and looks fun!)

While you are letting the fluid drain, use a chalk marker and count the teeth on the pinion gear and on the ring gear.  Divide the teeth in the ring gear buy the number of teeth in the pinion.  There is your exact final drive ratio.   (I think that it should be 41 on ring gear and 10 on pinion  For the "4.10" on the dana 80.)  You can also see if there is a positive traction in the rear too and check the condition of everything. 

Good luck hope that helps.

Hag

• 2 weeks later...

Are you getting 3 distinct upshifts, and then TC lockup on top of that?

If there was something wrong with the OD brake clutch, the PCM could be commanding a 3-4 upshift, but an actual upshift may not be occurring. You could be confusing the converter locking in 3rd gear (even though 4th had been commanded) for a 3-4 upshift.

• Like 1