• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Worth trying....Olive Oil on truck.

• Staff

Bought some McQuiers' plastic trim and dashboard restorer and did the black plastic on one outside mirror and then did the other mirror using Virgin Olive oil. Let it sit for a few days in the rain and sun.

Olive oil out performs the McQuires by around three to one (my estimation). Even the first day revealed olive oil to do far better. It's been a week now and the olive oil is still showing the plastic like new. Anyhow it works great. You will notice the white milky, somewhat chalky look on black door trim and plastic handles will disappear in a flash. A bit oily at first, wait about a day and it tones down to a nice look. So far seems to last.

Currently testing olive oil on the leather seats and is acting like the leather is accepting it better and feels softer than the coconut oil  tried before.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Pictures? What's that?

Sneak in wifes kitchen cooking cupboard get Olive oil for cooking when she's not looking. Put clean cloth on top of open bottle dump upside down for a second and then wipe on plastic trim. You will be impressed.

Me have big challenge doing pictures.:think: Very easy to sneak around wife.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, IBMobile said:

The beauty of this is you can go to the Olive Garden for dinner and get your truck detailed too.  Can't do that at Chick-fil-A.

Wonder how well peanut oil would work, Does wonders for floors.

• Staff

I don't know on that one Dave, but before dark, I got the wax smears gone like magic and made the rubber door trim look new with the O/O.

My truck's black like an Olive, but not Virgin with so many miles.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I don't know on that one Dave, but before dark, I got the wax smears gone like magic and made the rubber door trim look new with the O/O.

Pictures of this truck??!!!

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

My truck and virgin dont go together either. But I do have a virgin front crank seal and a dry oil pan. That is is pretty awesome.

Alright, I just got home about 30 minutes ago. I oiled my bumper steps. The first one with a good spread on a paper towel and the second with what was left on said paper towel. We will see what happens.

On a side note i did this without olive oil.

after.jpg

before.jpg

Still looking for the good grill.

• Staff

Looks nice Dave. Glad to see you getting your truck back in action. Try the Olive oil on the mirrors for me and see what lasts longest compared to the bumper.

A paper towel leaves dust and paper pieces. Old T shirts are the best.

Oh yeah.... you'll never get rid of your coyote troubles using the Chick Fil-a oil all the time.:USflag:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

I did my bumper steps just to see what it would do. The left one I did with a fresh paper towel, the right one with the same towel but a lot the oil soaked in and I left a little piece undone just to compare. Did it last night with a flashlight and four tall boys. Got to admit it looks darn near new again.59372a5bc13bd_rearbumpersteps01.jpg.71396746fc9f81f5eeaf6c006e833ae3.jpg59372a5e3d722_rearbumpersteps02.jpg.16918aed9cf9eec88eba5e422d781d8f.jpg59372a6097cda_rearbumpersteps03.jpg.a956c803998bad0f8a3ed30f289582a5.jpg

Wondered why the dogs were chasing me. 

• Like 1