• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

17 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

I can't wait until I can get some good videos and logs! Will likely be next weekend at best..need to get the injector line to stop leaking and will warm up to 30s next week so I can get #2 back in it for a fair comparison! 

@Me78569 I didn't but they are also only 5k miles old on brand new tubes and I put a dab of oil on them all at I popped into place... I guess I will have to get a hold of scheid to see if they can get me new ones since factory ones don't seem to be the same as mine.. I have a cr head on mine with custom tubes and the o rings that came with my injectors didn't match

How u like that common rail head

2 minutes ago, dirty830 said:

I loaded up @Me78569 large injector stock turbo tune as a starting point. Pulled onto my favorite go fast back road and proceeded to grenade my turbo mid first pass taking it fairly easy. Now im looking for a new turbo...

Time for an sxe

5 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

How u like that common rail head

Time for an sxe

It's just a head... Had to have a custom intake plate made to house map abs iat sensors,  luckily I have a buddy that works with cnc machines all day, even had the miles at overhaul engraved into it if you look closely at the second picture..... And also had to get custom crossover tubes... There is little to no gains anywhere I just got it cheap... $500 ready to run with new guides and seats and no cracks...

20170711_080258.jpg

20170701_121853.jpg

30 minutes ago, dirty830 said:

I loaded up @Me78569 large injector stock turbo tune as a starting point. Pulled onto my favorite go fast back road and proceeded to grenade my turbo mid first pass taking it fairly easy. Now im looking for a new turbo...

what happened?   I can't image that tune allowing for enough fuel to burn up an hx35.  

Edited by Me78569

It was a hx35 off my 12v. The hx35 that came stock took a dump on me shorty after I got the truck a few years ago. I have a he351ve sitting in the garage but I'm not sure I want to go that route but you do make it look tempting. 

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Capture.PNG

Here's the fueling curve,   very mild lol.  did you have wiretap on?  how much boost did you see, egts? 

as for the he351ve I am a really big fan of it. 

Max boost 46

Max egt 1668F

I may have had a little bit of wire tap on.

10 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Sorry no disrespect, but in a way that's a good thing. 

None taken im always looking for a reason to upgrade.

1 minute ago, dirty830 said:

Max boost 46

Max egt 1668F

I may have had a little bit of wire tap on.

None taken im always looking for a reason to upgrade.

well I adjust the tune down to have a max of %92 and updated.  Wiretap is what did it though,  

@d

9 minutes ago, dirty830 said:

It was a hx35 off my 12v. The hx35 that came stock took a dump on me shorty after I got the truck a few years ago. I have a he351ve sitting in the garage but I'm not sure I want to go that route but you do make it look tempting. 

Sorry about your turbo... How much boost did you hit?  If you want to put the HE351VGT that would be fun to play with.  If you want 500-550HP the 62/68 sxe would be great!  If you want closer to 600HP the 64.5 will not take much longer to spool.

4 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

Yup that sounds right! Maybe I'll have you send me a set (or 1 lol) when you send back my injectors. I will get them in the mail Monday

Sure we can include a couple.  Please email sales@dieselautopower.com and they should be able to get it in the box for you.

2 hours ago, kzimmer said:

I data logged a bunch of stuff for @Me78569's thread, got a couple videos, and pulled my injectors today. This is really interesting and I'm wondering if @dieselautopower might have some insight to an amature pop tester.

When I installed these injectors in November, I set them all to 365 bar. I'm very sure of that. Each one triple checked. When I took them out, they all tested between 350-355 bar. So I lost 10-15 bar. Same testing fluid, similar temperature conditions. Same pop tester. I'm happy that they were all still balanced, I'm just confused about the change.

Its common for injector pressures to settle a little. 

16 minutes ago, dieselautopower said:

Its common for injector pressures to settle a little. 

That makes sense. It's just strange they all settled the exact same amount. And only in a month and a half. I almost want to pull them and check them again.

... Just kidding no I don't. No more injector removal please. Haha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dirty830 said:

I just picked up a hy35 from a buddy to get me by let's see how long this last. 

I'd keep the wiretap off with that turbo. Here's my old one. And this was while it was compounded with an HT60. Replaced the HY with an HX.

IMG_20160831_202645.jpg

21 hours ago, Dodgeih said:

It's just a head... Had to have a custom intake plate made to house map abs iat sensors,  luckily I have a buddy that works with cnc machines all day, even had the miles at overhaul engraved into it if you look closely at the second picture..... And also had to get custom crossover tubes... There is little to no gains anywhere I just got it cheap... $500 ready to run with new guides and seats and no cracks...

20170711_080258.jpg

20170701_121853.jpg

Pretty engine lol

15 minutes ago, dirty830 said:

I just picked up a hy35 from a buddy to get me by let's see how long this last. 

As I said go sxe love mine 

Also did the vp valve cover fit the cr head 

2 hours ago, kzimmer said:

I'd keep the wiretap off with that turbo. Here's my old one. And this was while it was compounded with an HT60. Replaced the HY with an HX.

IMG_20160831_202645.jpg

That's pretty impressive to make that look like a reverse rotaton turbo at first glance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

I don't know, and I don't wanna know. Lol.

Yeah these enginesare pretty tough, I've seen them still trying to rotate even when the top half of the block splits and flys off, all you see is rotating assembly trying to keep going with pistons slopping around lol.