• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

• 2 weeks later...

Alright anyone running the v2 stuff that wants to mess with the new stuff you can run this flash.

The idle to fueling handoff is signficantly smoother.   

This has the gallon trip and eco gauge and boost offset built in, but the json file isn't in place for the app yet.  This SHOULD read 0 psi at idle, but I can't be sure so let me know.  

Once the update on the app side comes through you can start using the mpg stuff.

I would be interested in feedback in regards to the offidle stuff. 

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Alright anyone running the v2 stuff that wants to mess with the new stuff you can run this flash.

The idle to fueling handoff is signficantly smoother.   

This has the gallon trip and eco gauge and boost offset built in, but the json file isn't in place for the app yet.  This SHOULD read 0 psi at idle, but I can't be sure so let me know.  

Once the update on the app side comes through you can start using the mpg stuff.

I would be interested in feedback in regards to the offidle stuff. 

V2Idlesmooth.exe

@Me78569 How long till the update through the app side do you think?

@Me78569I am running a custom tune on the update you released today but I noticed on level 0 the high idle seemed to be much less than before. Did you change that?

1 hour ago, Quadzilla_Stephen said:

We are working app update right now, we are in the middle of testing it. However we are experiencing some anomalies that make us not want to release it quite yet.

Have you encountered the app freezing issue?

should be.  I would revert the tune until I figure out a fix for the issue.  

I might have to upp the max fueling possible during high idle not sure.

22 minutes ago, JDHudsn said:

@Me78569I am running a custom tune on the update you released today but I noticed on level 0 the high idle seemed to be much less than before. Did you change that?

Have you encountered the app freezing issue?

Can you verify that the egt updates when the app is frozen?

Edit:

Alirght this version is fixed

you would have encountered the bug if you didn't have a custom tune loaded at all.  This will prevent that issue.

V2Idlesmooth.exe

@Me78569what do you mean by the egt updates when the app is frozen?

the app completely locks up where it will show all the different gauges and nothing will update. If you close the app and re-open it, it will still be frozen. A hard restart of the tablet usually does the trick but it wipes out all the data log. 

46 minutes ago, JDHudsn said:

@Me78569 hmm I have never had that issue. Next time it freezes I’ll try to take a video. Before it freezes it will intermittently update the gauges then freeze all together 

Are you running the Beta version of the App with the progress bar when updating the tune?

5 hours ago, Quadzilla_Stephen said:

Are you running the Beta version of the App with the progress bar when updating the tune?

@Quadzilla_Stephen I believe the latest version of the app was given to me by @Me78569 it is v 1.9.2? I believe it is not the beta version. It is the version of the app where the importing tune feature was fixed.

3 hours ago, JDHudsn said:

@Quadzilla_Stephen I believe the latest version of the app was given to me by @Me78569 it is v 1.9.2? I believe it is not the beta version. It is the version of the app where the importing tune feature was fixed.

I think this is the beta Stephen is talking about. Was linked previously in a different thread.

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/AndroidApp/IQUAD_Android_app-release(1.9.40(56)).apk

Kzimmer found a bug that kept load from showing on the screen.  I forgot to comment out a testing thing I do.  No impact other than not seeing load on the screen. 

Here's the fix. 
V2Idlesmooth.exe

It also has a new thing in the defuel to try and increase fueling if boost drops too much below the defuel set psi.   This was only an issue if you were shifting into OD while boost was at or near the limit.  It would self resolve, but it took a good 5 seconds.