• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Got to be a fail alarm...

The entire server here is protected by ClamAV software. All files are scanned and checked on both Mopar1973Man.com and PrevailWebManagement.Com

https://www.clamav.net/

I'm restarting my computer now I think it needed updated and will try again at lunch. I do not think it's a virus,I think my stupid virus software is being over protective

• Owner
6 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

I'm restarting my computer now I think it needed updated and will try again at lunch. I do not think it's a virus,I think my stupid virus software is being over protective

If you just jump over the fence to Linux from Windows this whole problem goes away... 

http://whylinuxisbetter.net/en/viruses/

• Owner
11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Windows apparently is now classifying the flash files as a virus.  Nice huh

Correction... It the anti-virus software manufacture classifying the flash files as a virus. Like I said the server here is fully covered by ClamAV so anything stored on the server is checked. Microsoft being they have the largest focus of software users they tend to be the hardest hit with malware and viri software. 

@Dodgeih I suggest you ditch the anti-virus software your using and upgrade to something with a bit more value sad part is it will cost you for better protection that reports true...

So I just drove it... Ahhhh I love it! Getting rid of that hard trade off in fueling is great! And if I read that right I will be able too adjust offset and watch some other mpg data when the new update for the app comes out, am I right?  Is the an estimated time for the release of the app? 

Edit: just kidding I guess I had it on level 0 and didn't even notice. The trade-off is practically unchanged for me

Edited by Dodgeih
Add

We are working on the final changes for the iOS app. I wanted it exactly like the Android app, but that is proving  ill-advised. (Meaning we broke something and need to put it back right). It will be a little different. 

When we release the 2.7 officially (probably today actually) we will update the vehicle profile to show that other stuff and give you those offsets. 

I am a little concerned about it. I know that the members who frequent these forums are well informed and knowledgeable, but I am concerned about the  folks who just want to "send it" . 

The concern is about the boost offset. Dodgeih, since you updated to the tune that ME posted, you should change your vehicle profile to the V2 Quadzilla  Only Test 2 vehicle to get access to the new settings and gauges. (At least until we update the standard profile to V2.7). Is the method to set the boost offset intuitive or will it require further explanation? 

Basically, if you read some psi of boost at idle you need to check 2 things. First, make sure that your jumper is set correctly for your year of vehicle as explaine here: 

http://quadzillapower.com/after-market-adrenaline/#VP44Trucks

After you are sure of that, you will want to set the boost offset. Since the minimum is 10, set it to 10 and read the boost at idle, then add that number to the offset to get it to the right spot. Setting it to 0 was awful in that it read at 12 PSI at idle and ran rough and smoked like crazy, so we set the minimum to 10 to keep people from having it set to 0 by default. 

Basically, it adds a step of setup to the process. Do y'all think that is OK or is it something that will cause too many headaches?   

I think that's a pretty easy basic straight to the point explanation. Worst part will be you'll have ppl that want "custom tuning" because it's cool and not pay attention to how to set it up and as you said just try to "send it". Secondly you'll have ppl that don't hardly know how to change an air filter or word document thinking they can get their stock 20yo p.o.s. To 500 hp with this thing and have no idea what the instructions even say because they failed 8th grade and dropped out... Either way I think you're right where you Need to be on the explanation personally @Quadzilla Power

This might be kind of a beginner question, but is there a way to move tunes from one profile to the other. Like all my tunes are built on the v2 dodge 1998-2002 profile. If I change over to the v2 quadzilla only test 2 can I bring my tunes over there some how? I also have some made on the v2 dodge 2001-2002 profile that I built on the wrong one and kinda want to move them over but if not it's not a huge deal! 

Spencer,

If you set the default value in the app to 12 then no matter what they are "close"  which is what we have now,.

If you choose to not update the json then it will just use 12 as the default

I get the issue at hand though.  Youre call

Its hard to set the default to 12, maybe impossible. We can set the default in the code itself, but when you connect the app it wants to write a value down if it is set.

We might need to set the app up to actually read what is there first and use that as the default. I though it was supposed to do that, but it may not be doing that. 

EDIT: That idea won't work either. The app automagically writes the settings down  at connection to make sure that they are there. I think it chooses the minimum value as the defaults all the time. This bears more thinking. 

Edited by Quadzilla Power
Had to think things through. and spelling

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@Dodgeih I suggest you ditch the anti-virus software your using and upgrade to something with a bit more value sad part is it will cost you for better protection that reports true...

I have verified this problem with Bit Defender and Panda, both of which are highly rated. The software, possibly combined with the unsigned drivers, must have programming methods very similar to a known virus. I don't think this is a rare occurrence. I'd rather have some false positives than miss a virus, but it's just a little annoying.