• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel tank collapsing

I'm on my third lift pump and I noticed today that my tank is sucking in on itself. I switched back to an Oem style while my new Holley is being warrantied. This all started when I noticed that I could pull my PF gauge down to 0psi, swapped in another pump and same deal. Can I really be sucking that much fuel through 7x12s? Like enough to suck my tank in on itself?

• Staff

Tank vent is a one way flapper valve mounted near the fuel lines at the tank top. It faces the dirt flying up and is about 3/16'' orifice or plastic tube. It sometimes clogs up. Best to get a vented fuel cap or make yours vented.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...