• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sorry but not sorry Mopar1973Man

Cronus577

Well, today is my final day of active duty military. Served my 6 years as AMMO and getting out to go to school and persue a career in IP Security. As my parting gift, my flight made me this, 105MM shell that I hope @Mopar1973Man doesn't get mad at me for or trademarks. I've always been known to go to work from 7-3 go straight to the auto shop from 3-8, never taking a lunch break to work on the truck. 

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S 

20170929_145700.jpg

20170929_145705.jpg

20170929_145710.jpg

• Like 3

• Staff

Yes thank you for your service. That is a nice gift and also looks like you take excellent care of your truck.

My dad served in Korea and Vietnam. Learned what price we all pay when 7 of us lost our Dad in Da Nang . When I hear about the kneelers during our national anthem it makes me sick thinking of the disrespect toward all those who gave their all. Think of the families had to live without a loved one..... so sad.

My dad joined in 42 not long after Pearl Harbor. 6' 5" and weighed 145 pounds. I took my physical in 71 and I weighed 155 at 6' 4". I was rail he was stick. My lottery number was 2 but Nixon ended the draft and did not go.

I am sorry to hear about your father. I cant imagine knowing mine and then having to grow up without him.  It is a hell of price to pay. 

Congrats…

Please don’t take this as preaching…trying to help you.   As a guy in his 60’s and total service of 30 years, so I’ve been around (way) to long.  Make sure you sign up for VA.  You can sign up on-line.  And then pray really hard, you never need VA!  It’s not like when you might need them the most,  you walk in and say I’m here.   Took my brother in law 5 months to get processed into their system, and at the time, he needed the help the most.

Then go and explore your new freedom and have all kinds of fun.  Discover what you’ve been missing for 6 years.

Then after a couple years (could take that long to get some thoughts of military out of your mind) consider joining the AF reserves.   I did after getting out of USMC  7 ½ years and only because I  didn’t have 2 cents to rub together.  An extra $96.00 for a weekend sure helped back then.  Turned out joining the Reserves was one of the best things I ever did.  (Little did I know it at the time).  Once a month you get to see different people other than the ones you work with everyday.    Also in our reserve squadron we had lots of job opportunity’s.  Military and civilian jobs.  Then if you stick around long enough, retirement pay.   And one of the side bonuses of annual tour, you might get the chance to understand, that you did actually made the “right choice” of getting out of actives in the first place:whistle: 

Even though I’m a “registrant” of Camp Lejeune’s poison drinking water program, Golf war one and Golf war two and other fun and exciting trips provided by uncle Sam, it was all fun, looking back on them. 

You mention IT security...Matter of fact our old 1st Shirt ended up as IT manager of (a major base) because of Reserves. 

Edited by 015point9
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cronus577 said:

@015point9 im still pondering the reserve, free cross train into cyber security, keep my tricare for the wife and I, extra $300 a month, doesn't sound like such a bad deal. Especially since I wouldn't have to pay for school!

You said  "Especially since I wouldn't have to pay for school!"  Oh really, it's a govt program...You'll end up paying one way or another.  :) 

Lots you have to think about.  In my opinion...1st is how often does that AFSC get called up?  You feel like taking the chance of packing your trash with 12 hours notice and going over to the big sand box for a year?   Used to happen all the time with certain AFSC's. 

PM me (if you want) because your subject will get way of topic. 

• Like 1